Jardan Furniture or cheaper alternative

Hi All

Looking for modular lounge for my family room/area, been everywhere. In the main, no luck, either cheap and tacky, uncomfortable or looks like something that is ready to fly to Mars.

Am in Perth and found a new furniture store Kings, Nedlands just opened, up to 50% discount, loved their furniture and after spending 2 hours in the store they could not get the configuration we required, unbelievable, not without gaps in the back cushions. We did not get to the quote but I suspect it would come in at around $7000.

Have now been recommended Jardan furniture, Melb company, furniture made in Oz. Apparently have an agent in Perth, checked out their products and configurations etc. on net, However, nothing on prices, but I suspect super expensive furniture.

I don't want to have to sell a kidney to buy my lounge but I am prepared to go to $10K.

Any suggestions or anyone purchased Jardan furniture. Will contact the agent tomorrow.

BTW not impressed with Natuzzi as they are way over the top $ wise and I am not interested in leather, would like fabric.

Any suggestions, besides gumtree (as I found most of the stuff is rubbish), or IKEA :p

Cheers
MTR:)

Agreed. Check out argyle or one of the other quality custom made places.

Alternatively I think merlino is having a massive sale this weekend but trade only, your interior designer friend would probably have an account with them. Not sure if they will have couches but worth finding out.

If I'm not wrong ultimo used to get argyle to make some of their sofas, my folks had a couple of 3 seater a made by them around 2006 that turned out to be brilliant, excellent workmanship. Ultimo have since become ludicrously expensive but if your budget is $10k for a ffabric one it could be worth checking out

Last edited:
Good call and have been thinking custom, only concern is partner has back issues so we really would like to try before we buy.

Ultimo looks perfect, but look at the price they want for an ottoman even the sale price is crazy expensive. I will make some phone calls tomorrow anyway.

http://www.ultimointeriors.com.au/products/clearance/scala-ottoman

I can use my designer g/friend to buy on my behalf and discounts can be huge, however she gets used and abused all the time, am reluctant to do this, sometimes also not good to mix business with friends, gets a little tricky.

This company has always sold good quality sofas and lounges.

http://www.gascoigne.com.au/

After sales and warranty service is exceptional also.

They once came around and picked up our sofa for a repair at no cost even though it was well outside of the warranty period (warranty was 10 years at the time), and on another occasion cost and service was equally as good after we accidentally damaged one of the seats.

Unfortunately, they only do leather, I want fabric.

Oops, missed that part.

Perhaps you can contact them to see if their furniture makers could make something up for you.

I found them very accomodating and pleasant to deal with when it came to repairs.

Gascoigne now solely imports from Malaysia from memory and standards have dropped imo.

Marisa- re your friend you could always make it win win, I'd she saves you 3k in a 10k couch give her half etc.

Dash designs in Claremont also gets furniture made locally for them, quality is pretty good but not as good a ultimo, price is nowhere near too.

Last edited:
Thanks for suggestions, will be looking at this tomorrow and options, wish these sites would show prices, I guess they would scare everyone away if they did:eek:

Thanks for suggestions, will be looking at this tomorrow and options, wish these sites would show prices, I guess they would scare everyone away if they did:eek:

My friend bought a custom Jardan lounge and loved/loves it. I think it was around $4K for a very long 3 seater in two sections, and a huge footstool, in fabric.

It depends on the design obviously, but the quality was excellent, and he was really happy. Has had it for 5 years and it still looks new.

Matt

Thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated.

After spending the day at various furniture stores have decided to get it custom built as it would be cheaper and they can build exactly what I want.
Also they 'fit you', never heard of this, so basically make sure it suits and feels right prior to putting it together and if have back issues they can place more lumbar support etc.

For your info
What I was looking at would have cost me around $20K-25kK in Ultimo:eek:, nice furniture from Germany but way over the top, no doggies allowed to sit on this, to hell with that, if my dogs can not sit on the furniture then I ain't buying it;).

Jardan, similar around $20,000 don't even think they could get the configuration right.

Kings around $7000, however they wanted to sell me something where the back cushions would have gaps in between and also they could not get the configuration, all their stuff comes from China.

I think my custom will cost me around $8000, quality and made in Australia, WA owned company. :)

Thanks
Cheers:)
MTR

For $10k you should get some pretty nice furniture from Jardan. Call Hannah in Melbourne and have a chat. I have two couches and they are amazing.

They have a different look to Jardans but when we get our next lounge settings one of the places we will be checking out will be The comfort Shop.

Though I'm impressed about the five year setting still looking like new .

Do they have three 20 year old kids living at home with two dogs ? :(

We'll be waiting a while till we buy the next settings .....

Cliff

Just another update, I am learning quite a bit about furniture and the margins some of these companies are making... wow.

Went to Zepels West Leederville to pick out fabric for my new lounge, got chatting to the owner and she gave me a list of upholsterers and mentioned a particular company which most of the interior designers use and apparently one of the best in Perth.

Checked out his work and he is quoting me $4000 that is $3000 less than my original quote, this includes a high grade fabric. Had a look at what he builds, quality and design amazing, I think he leaves Kings well behind and he has a turn around of 3 weeks, interesting most would be around 6-8 weeks, I believe Natuzzi have 4 months.

I am pretty happy I shopped around and going custom built and saving a fortune in the process.

Custom built lounge

Hi MTR,

I'm also looking at getting a modular sofa for my new home in Perth and had King Furniture in mind.

Do you mind sharing the name of the company you ended up ordering the custom built lounge from? The savings you've quoted is truly amazing!

Just another update, I am learning quite a bit about furniture and the margins some of these companies are making... wow.

Went to Zepels West Leederville to pick out fabric for my new lounge, got chatting to the owner and she gave me a list of upholsterers and mentioned a particular company which most of the interior designers use and apparently one of the best in Perth.

Checked out his work and he is quoting me $4000 that is $3000 less than my original quote, this includes a high grade fabric. Had a look at what he builds, quality and design amazing, I think he leaves Kings well behind and he has a turn around of 3 weeks, interesting most would be around 6-8 weeks, I believe Natuzzi have 4 months.

I am pretty happy I shopped around and going custom built and saving a fortune in the process.

Last edited:

Yes, the margins must be good, but from a business side, they incur huge over heads, EG: rent, shipping fees if imported, etc...

On the flip side, there is no expiry date on furniture

Hi MTR,

I'm also looking at getting a modular sofa for my new home in Perth and had King Furniture in mind.

Do you mind sharing the name of the company you ended up ordering the custom built lounge from? The savings you've quoted is truly amazing!

Palmers Upholstery in Wangara
9408 0910
He completed the project in 3 weeks, amazing results, stunning, quality is fantastic, better than Kings and I got a much larger lounge suite, which Kings could just not do, due to configuration and as made in China its a set template I guess.
Danny is the owner, lovely guy

Back