Jerry Springer trailer trash

Just found out that the insurance I have got covers everything:D . Basically I will end up with a renewed and refreshed house and a increase in rental hoooorayyyyy!!!!:D
Well done,just wanted to ask who are you insured with and do you think
after this experience will you let someone else manage your property again or will you take control and self manage yourself?once you apply the 80/20 rule 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people that are in property management, so you might as well pay yourself because in the end you have ended up doing all the work yourself..good luck.willair..

Just found out that the insurance I have got covers everything:D . Basically I will end up with a renewed and refreshed house and a increase in rental hoooorayyyyy!!!!:D

Did the insurance company indicate they would take further action against the tenant.

Its a shame if she gets away with it.

Did the insurance company indicate they would take further action against the tenant.

Its a shame if she gets away with it.

We were told when we made our one and only LL claim a few years ago that the insurance company would indeed be pursuing the tenants ;).

That's really good news blacky73.

Do you have the money off the insurance company as yet....or is it still coming ??

More details of what they actually paid for would be good. Having read insurance contracts from cover to cover many times, I've never read an exclusion policy that is blank and they simply cover "everything".

Things like tenant's bond / excess / increased premiums thereafter - from both that co. and every other co. on their forms asking before accepting the risk "Have you ever made a claim".

If they cover everything, then excellent news. That'll simply translate to less dividends for the shareholders of the insurance co.

I have been told by my broker and insurance company itself that, unlike vehicle insurance where the premium rises after a claim, house insurance doesn't work like that.

In other words, making a claim should not increase your premium any more than it would have risen by CPI or what it would have risen without the claim.

Not having any Landlord's insurance on our houses, I was unaware of that wylie. I learnt something new today. Thank-you.

I have been told by my broker and insurance company itself that, unlike vehicle insurance where the premium rises after a claim, house insurance doesn't work like that.

In other words, making a claim should not increase your premium any more than it would have risen by CPI or what it would have risen without the claim.
Sorry, wylie, but that's not true. Claims history can affect your home insurance premium - which makes me very scared as to what we have in store for us at renewal time... :eek:

I have heard of people whose home insurance was discontinued after a large flood claim - and hoping that I'm not going to be one of those people... :eek:

I glanced at it Tracey, but I asked a specific question of the insurance company, so I do believe what they told me. Perhaps it comes down to which company?

I glanced at it Tracey, but I asked a specific question of the insurance company, so I do believe what they told me. Perhaps it comes down to which company?
Yes, I'm sure it does. It just sounded like you were saying that home insurance is not affected by your claims history as a general principle. It's great if your insurance company doesn't penalise you for claiming, but my point is that many of them do, that's all. Didn't want anybody getting a false sense of security. :)

Back