Job Offer Too Good To Be True?

Hi Everyone,

Just popped in to say a quick g'day and to share a little job offer im considering.

My Dad always said, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Bassically, a RE job with a $77k base + Bonuses. Do these even exist?

See ad Here!!!

Ive applied for it, just waiting on more information. :D

Cheers

Mick

G'day Mick,

Go for it, pretty high base.

I noticed that they are going to teach you their "methods", and only after they are still happy with you....that you'll start on 77K base.

I wonder what those "methods" are, and what constitutes their level of "happiness".

I also noticed on their website, they have a booklet with 13 mistakes buyers make. I thought that was funny, given the Greek lady in Melbounre just wrote a book with the 47 biggest mistakes. She had 53, but her publisher chopped her off at 47 cos the fatness of her book was outside their mould.

...a RE job with a $77k base + Bonuses. Do these even exist?

Sure they exist. Good salespeople should be able to make $150-250K pa.

But in relation to this position advertised, they are not offering you a $77K base from day 1.
....we'll pay you to learn our methods and then, if we're both still happy, you'll start on a base salary of $77,000 a year.
I wonder how long they have in mind for you to "learn our methods"?:rolleyes:

Yes, the "methods" and when "we are both happy" are 2 areas I have questions on.

I am being mailed an information booklet on how they run their business and what to expect in a RE career, had a mini phone interview and the the questions I was asked were 1. Have you worked in RE before? 2. Have you purchased your own property? 3. Are you willing to work late night and weekends?

They seemed pretty happy when I answered 1. No 2. Yes 3. Yes

I know im in for some long hours and pretty much RE’s run their own business within a business, however, I’ve come to a huge cross road in life where some major choices have to be made and it seems this career is right up my path in regards to job satisfaction and potential earnings.

Interesting times ahead that’s for sure.

Cheers

Mick

I know im in for some long hours and pretty much RE’s run their own business within a business, however, I’ve come to a huge cross road in life where some major choices have to be made and it seems this career is right up my path in regards to job satisfaction and potential earnings.

One from left field.....have you ever thought about being a roughneck offshore working for a drilling company ??

If that's you in the photo, you look like a bunch of young blokes I used to work with.

Must be 18. No need to read or write, most cannot. Must be able to lift heavy things and be strong. You get paid "from the neck down".

2 weeks on, 2 weeks back home with your feet up.

When on, you work 12 hours per day...and you actually have to work, not sit on yer bum in front of a computer surfing the net, and you actually have to do what you are told and sometimes your supervisors won't have read the left wing books on feelings and empathy and compassion.

Everything provided for free when on the rig.

Pay about 120K p.a. Not bad for working only half the year.

Check with 'regrow' on this forum, he's out there living it right now. :)

I wonder what those "methods" are, and what constitutes their level of "happiness".

I think that their "methods" would be the "Jenman" way of doing things as his logo is plastered all over their website. As far as what constiutes happiness...can't help you there...

Boods

It all smells of Jenman to me too Boods. My sister had a go at it once but found it really high pressure stuff with very long hours and very high expectations to meet targets. Better ways of making a quid if you ask me mate - but give it a go if you feel inclined. :)

One from left field.....have you ever thought about being a roughneck offshore working for a drilling company ??

If that's you in the photo, you look like a bunch of young blokes I used to work with.

That job would suit me as im willing to work for good money, however, im 30 and can read hahaha. Not sure if they would hire me, might be a little over qualified.

Cheers

Mick

Jenman agencies seem to have a high staff turnover which says something. Unless they have changed their methods, it means making many many (a hundred per day?) cold canvassing telephone calls to ask whether home owners or someone they know may be considering selling their property. Could be a good training ground for a future career with a 'normal' RE Agency. Good Luck:)

Jenman agencies seem to have a high staff turnover which says something. Unless they have changed their methods, it means making many many (a hundred per day?) cold canvassing telephone calls to ask whether home owners or someone they know may be considering selling their property. Could be a good training ground for a future career with a 'normal' RE Agency. Good Luck:)

Oh, making cold calls once correctly given the right information is the fun part hahaha

I do it all day every day now, work in a call centre.

I’m up for giving it a crack, even though ive read every nightmare story on how it’s a mugs game etc.

Only one definite way to find out if it’s for me I guess. Will update to let you know how im going with the selection process.

Cheers

Mick

I did the Jennan training many years ago. After an interview, hours and hours of hallaleuia-brother audio tapes and an exam that u had to get almost 100percent I was then given a phone list and told to speak to at least 50 people before I left for the night. The next day I was supposed to pound the pavement and knock on 100 doors at dinnertime to ask if any of them wanted to sell their home. I gave up as I didn't feel comfortable with the cold lead generation. But if u r up for it which sounds like u r, all the best to u.

Hmmmm, it sounds like the Jenman style is similar to McDonalds style, get the numbers in and the averages take care of business...

Im waiting for a booklet to arrive in the mail, will update in here once ive read it and considered what they can offer.

Cheers

Mick

Hi Everyone,

Just popped in to say a quick g'day and to share a little job offer im considering.

My Dad always said, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Bassically, a RE job with a $77k base + Bonuses. Do these even exist?

See ad Here!!!

Ive applied for it, just waiting on more information. :D

Cheers

Mick
Mick all you can do is give it a go,i did many years ago for about 5 months,signed up heaps of contracts,most fell over within a few weeks
but what you will learn is priceless,no re will ever bull#### to you ever again,because you learn all the backdoor tricks,the only reason i gave it away was the person who owned several offices employed his daughters boyfriend as the new manager in the office i was in,at the first fridays sales meeting he pulled me aside and after watching me on the phone
He said upfront start telling porkies and just close the sale:rolleyes::rolleyes:,and don't worry about what happens after,that may work well in the fast food industry he came from,but i just could not do it,the funny thing was a few days latter the his girlfriend rang up to find the new manager
and he was out with a very attractive young lady agent doing a inspection on a vacant property,gave the girlfriend the address and off she went and caught both in a rather strange situation in bed,still brings a smile to my face that one:):)..good luck Mick..willair..

Why is that? Are they push overs or just nice to deal with?

Cheers

Mick

properties often underpriced. they don't believe in marketing properties just use their database they say. a few years ago they would not even advertise on the net, that was gold.

the fewer people that see the property the fewer likely buyers.

the vendors are normally brainwashed by the cult so when they get an offer, the agent tells them its the best they will get and deal done!

Last edited:
Mick all you can do is give it a go,i did many years ago for about 5 months,signed up heaps of contracts,most fell over within a few weeks
but what you will learn is priceless,no re will ever bull#### to you ever again,because you learn all the backdoor tricks,the only reason i gave it away was the person who owned several offices employed his daughters boyfriend as the new manager in the office i was in,at the first fridays sales meeting he pulled me aside and after watching me on the phone
He said upfront start telling porkies and just close the sale:rolleyes::rolleyes:,and don't worry about what happens after,that may work well in the fast food industry he came from,but i just could not do it,the funny thing was a few days latter the his girlfriend rang up to find the new manager
and he was out with a very attractive young lady agent doing a inspection on a vacant property,gave the girlfriend the address and off she went and caught both in a rather strange situation in bed,still brings a smile to my face that one:):)..good luck Mick..willair..

sorry to be a little vague with the details but l read in our WA newspapers last weekend that laws have been /will be passed that REA will be liable for any porkies that are told to close a sale and that included noisy neighbour noisy dog the whole gammat of neighbours. Tread carefully my friend and maybe read the fine print of your contract which offers such good pay rate
cheers

Back