jobs to start in real estate for young people

im 18 and want to have a job where i am learning about real estate (e.g. the market, renting, buying, renovating...), i dont care what it is as long as i am learning this sort of stuff, i wanted to become a real estate agent representative as this would be perfect for it but im thinking no one would hire an 18 year old real estate representative, or would they? some thing like admin work in a real estate agency or something like that, are there any suggestions of jobs out there like this?

The reason i want to have this type of job is because i want to be a real estate developer renovating houses, renting out houses, sub dividing for profit.., for a living when im older, so while im saving up my money i may as well learn all about it at the same time.

any suggestions?

there are a lot of realestate agents hiring young people to run admin tasks for them for little pay...this is something you would do if you had a dream of becoming an actual agent....most agents I know couldn't care less about property and are in it for the quick buck

if your goal is to be a developer my suggestion would be to get a high paying job in a completely unrelated field, read lots of books and educate yourself on property investment, and buy/renovate as much as you can to the point where you have the time and capital to develop confidently whilst living off your army of properties in your buy and hold portfolio

Definitely do your reps course, that opens up many more doors if you want a real estate position.

Personally I started at 18, on reception. Then quickly moved into property management from there.

Usually you'll start in an admin/assistant type roll, but if you're good a your job you shouldn't have any issues moving though quickly.

The only qualification that a developer needs is one thing - MONEY.

Sure, skill/intelligence play a part but without money you have nothing.

im 18 and want to have a job where i am learning about real estate (e.g. the market, renting, buying, renovating...), i dont care what it is as long as i am learning this sort of stuff, i wanted to become a real estate agent representative as this would be perfect for it but im thinking no one would hire an 18 year old real estate representative, or would they? some thing like admin work in a real estate agency or something like that, are there any suggestions of jobs out there like this?

The reason i want to have this type of job is because i want to be a real estate developer renovating houses, renting out houses, sub dividing for profit.., for a living when im older, so while im saving up my money i may as well learn all about it at the same time.

any suggestions?

I would suggest you go do some part time tafe courses on construction, drafting, accounting etc as well.

At 18 you could go to an apprenticeship as well and a trade will give you good money once you finish for helping do your own renos. For example if you trained to be an electrician you could do work on your own properties etc - plumber, cabinet maker etc etc

If you need a job right now then you could go work for a builder rather than a RE - admin would be a good place to start. This combined with courses at night at TAFE would be a good combo.

Back