John Fitzgerald's "7 Steps to Accelerated Wealth"

I went to his seminar in Melbourne last night. Great seminar, great widsom, great bloke. Got his book and magazine. Time to read it now!

I think im going to the seminar at the hilton in sydney next thursday night but they havnt responded to me about my spot so i better call them asap tomorrow as i saw in mx today that there was apparently only "30 spots left".

I also went to the Melbourne seminar last night, i thought the first hour was good and he's an excellent speaker.

The 2nd part he put the hard sell on a little but it's to be expected i suppose. I've just started 7 steps to wealth after meaning to get around to it for a few years, seems like a good read so far.

can someone let me know please.. what properties are recommended? Are they only new properties that havn't been built or are they just particular areas which are high growth areas?

Im quite skeptical after some of these posts. i dont know what to think, but ill go anyways next thursday and see

when I think of a seminar I think more of an educational forum. These sessions would be more appropriately termed as live info-mercials. Tho I guess we have TIC calling themselves a "club" so seems anything goes these days

I went to one years ago and it was good. I'd recommend it.

They sell newly built homes in a variety of areas.

Of course they're going to try to sell you something if you're not paying for the seminar.

I attended one of his seminars about a year ago. Good useful information for budding property investors - covers all the basics but he tends to push his charity a bit too much.

One interesting question that was addressed on the night: How do you tackle high interest rates? John's reply was to fix them at 9% for as long as possible so that at least you know what your maximum commitment is.

I opted for variable and will fix them when that drop to 5% next year while all the faithful are locked in at 9% forever :D

Cheers,

Bazza

can someone let me know please.. what properties are recommended? Are they only new properties that havn't been built or are they just particular areas which are high growth areas?

Im quite skeptical after some of these posts. i dont know what to think, but ill go anyways next thursday and see

Tash,

The strategy John employs is brand new properties in high quality suburbs not much more than 40km from the CBD. He likes houses and the land content (percentage of purchase price) must be 40%+. He believes a property should be cf+ within 12 months. I believe his company source or sell these types of properties.

Bazza,

One thing John said re interest rates is that if he can find interest rates somewhere below 6% he will be locking them in for 10 years.

Bazza,

One thing John said re interest rates is that if he can find interest rates somewhere below 6% he will be locking them in for 10 years.

Rick, thanks also what he said, at the presentation I attended, about high interest rates.

Cheers,

Bazza

The strategy John employs is brand new properties in high quality suburbs not much more than 40km from the CBD.

Obviously the Sydney or Melbourne markets are very different from Brisbane. "not much more than 40km from the CBD" would be out the far side of Ipswich.

The strategy John employs is brand new properties in high quality suburbs not much more than 40km from the CBD. He likes houses and the land content (percentage of purchase price) must be 40%+. He believes a property should be cf+ within 12 months. I believe his company source or sell these types of properties.

Sounds like he's changed his tune slightly; his books refer to 30% land value content, but he's now upped it to 40%.

It's still short of the 70-80% one can obtain from good value established homes.

I also wonder about the expression 'high quality suburbs'. Are you sure that's not just a euphemism for 'expensive' - ie house & land packages for $350k when established homes in an older nearby suburb might only cost $200-250k and have better land content?

Peter

They didnt sell me anything. well actually i will meet up with them at a consultation but i wont be signing anything. I was quite impressed, he seemed like he had alot of knowledge regarding wealth creation. Smart man.

hey tash i was there too!

likewise i thought he was pretty clued on - i found it to be pretty much a brief summary of his book.. i'm glad i went though.. i'm interested to see what they say at this appointment

ps hi somersoft forumers :)

That's what I thought to when I went to one years ago. Glad you enjoyed it.

did u sign up? If not why? Did u feel confident enough to do it yourself?

yeah im keen to see what they say at the appointment....

And where is that guy.. someone said they were ripped off.

So they make their money through a % of the property when sold or what exactly?? what % exactly

did u sign up? If not why? Did u feel confident enough to do it yourself?

yeah im keen to see what they say at the appointment....

And where is that guy.. someone said they were ripped off.

So they make their money through a % of the property when sold or what exactly?? what % exactly

Tash,

I'm not exactly sure how they make their money, but my assumption would be:

John basically said they were a one stop shop, as in they organise the property, finance, conveyancing, property management, etc. So i figure the properties they source would make them some sort of commission, then all the added benefits of providing all the additional services.

I'd be interested to know how your meeting with the consultant goes Tash, I decided not to make an appointment as I prefer to be in control of everything myself and pick my properties and advisers independently, however I still wouldn't mind hearing what they have to say.

yeh i will let you know. They havn't called yet. Its been a week so will probably hear something this week or next.. I wont sign up, i was thinking about it but i'd prefer to choose what i want also. Im just scared I will make the wrong decision.

Back