Joint accounts

Hey all
My partner and I are deciding to open a joint account together and were looking at a bankwest saver ATM which is paying 3.6% which seems to good in this **** market.

Can anyone recommend anything better, Were saving for maybe a holiday or even a property.

Cheers,
Neeko

A lot of people are embarrassed/stressed when talking about money and don't like doing it -- which can come across as not interested.

If you are in a relationship that is serious enough to open a joint account (i.e. you have trust in each other and can see this relationship continuing) it may be worth the time to try and figure out what each of your attitudes to money are, why, what your goals are etc. Planning financially together and talking about money/finances/goal etc often makes it easier for people who are not used to talking about money start learning how to talk about money and think about money.

A lot of people are embarrassed/stressed when talking about money and don't like doing it -- which can come across as not interested.

If you are in a relationship that is serious enough to open a joint account (i.e. you have trust in each other and can see this relationship continuing) it may be worth the time to try and figure out what each of your attitudes to money are, why, what your goals are etc. Planning financially together and talking about money/finances/goal etc often makes it easier for people who are not used to talking about money start learning how to talk about money and think about money.

Im not embarraseed . Maybe she is i dunno. We are engaged so ill have to soeak to her more about it. Just she doesnt understand anything about property. And i explain it to her and she just doesnt get it.

Sounds like my girlfriend haha, does she know how to budget? If not write down all her expenses, my gf changed after I showed how much she was wasting and how much she could save per year.

My misses didn't get property either, her only thought on property was that she wanted to live in a nice big expensive new house like all her friends do. She has seen the light, after moving into one of my shitbox houses and living frugally for a few years, dumping all our spare money into a couple of projects i had on the go. It was hard as it was a fair bit of money and we did miss out on a few things here and there( good friends weddings overseas etc) .

We are now looking for our "forever" acreage home, a dream home for a horse owner like her, and she wont have to complain about not being able to afford the basic things in life like some of her friends currently do.

Back