Joint Venture Set Up's

It sounds similar to something I have been an advocate for people who have existing property in their own name.
Except in her case the property all new property is also all owned in their own name and they just use agreements, caveats or mortgages back to the Vestey Trust.
Not really. It all depends on individual circumstances. The priority is borrowing, than tax situation, than which entity structure is appropriate.
In my case, for example, I already held properties in joint names, being in highly litigated industry I required asset protection without triggering capital gains if changed to trusts. I also held IPs under trusts, for land tax provisions as you mentioned (N/A in NSW).
The problem with that is Land Tax, once you hit Land tax thresholds it can be significantly cheaper to setup a trust for each property then to pay land tax on your own name (NSW DT's aside) + keep adding properties.
Yes, I agree but that assumes future acquisitions. Thus, she looks at individual situations. What if I cannot access further borrowing via trust structures (as my situation is more complex than most) and yet I can access joint/individual borrowing?
So in my case, the first instance is to protect what I have, in whatever entity I hold the assets, and then the second instance is to how to structure further acquisitions (thus for me requiring a new trust).
That's pretty high level but very well thought out.

Back