JOKE: Creative real estate

Creative real estate

One day God calls down to Noah and says, "Noah, me old china, I want you to make me a new Ark."

Noah replies, "No probs God, me old Supreme Being, anything you want - after all you're the guv' . . . ".

But God interrupts, "Ah, but there's a catch this time Noah, I want not just a couple of decks, . . I want 20 decks one on top of the other."

"20 DECKS!", screams Noah. "Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say. Should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?"

God answers "Yep, that's right, well . . sort of right . . this time I want you to fill it up with fish."

"Fish?", queries Noah.

"Yep, fish . . well, to make it more specific, Noah, I want carp, wall to wall, floor to ceiling - Carp!"

Noah looks to the skies. "OK God, my old mucker, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?"

"Check."

"With 20 decks, one on top of the other?"

"Check."

"And you want it full of Carp?"

"Check."

"Why?" asks the perplexed Noah, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether..........................

"Dunno", says God, "I just fancied a Multi-Storey Carp Ark".

Jas,

I won't reveal my sources!

But the following definition may be applicable to the original joke:

From dictionary.com:

defenestration · n. An act of throwing someone or something out of a window. [From de- + Latin fenestra, window.]

<humour> (From Latin "fenestra" - window, via the traditional Czechoslovakian method of assassinating prime ministers, via SF fandom)
1. Proper karmic retribution for an incorrigible punster. "Oh, ghod, that was *awful*!" "Quick! Defenestrate him!"

2. The act of exiting a window system in order to get better response time from a full-screen program. This comes from the dictionary meaning of "defenestrate", which is to throw something out a window.

3. The act of discarding something under the assumption that it will improve matters. "I don't have any disk space left." "Well, why don't you defenestrate that 100 megs worth of old core dumps?"

Back