Just bought my first IP!

arrhh I think I feel sick!! Obviously the 1st one is the worst. There is just something about buying a house that isn't for 'yourself' that someone else is living in!! I have never been in this situation before obviously.

But I am excited :D I'm proud of myself for taking that first huge leap of faith and getting in there!!:p

Congratulations and well done Pawprints on having the courage to take the first step.

Its the starting that stops most people due to fear.

Psychologically its the fear of losing.

Fear is overcome by gaining knowledge & having the courage to apply that knowledge over a period of time. The result is experience.

The poor and middle class play the game not to lose, whilst the rich and wealthy play the game to win.

Notice the difference?

One's focusing on winning and ones focusing on losing.

You get what you focus on the majority of the time.

Heres a tip for you - Success is 80% mindset and 20% strategy.

Hope this helps.

Once again congratulations.

Last edited:
Congratulations, pawprints!!! The first one is always the hardest - you'll find that the more properties you buy, the easier it gets!

Don't forget to have something cold and bubbly tonight to celebrate! :D

Cheers
LynnH

Congrats! I'm in the same position about to buy my first and I have the worst tennsion headaches and neck pains at the moment. Well done!
Where and what did you buy?
RT

arrhh I think I feel sick!! Obviously the 1st one is the worst. There is just something about buying a house that isn't for 'yourself' that someone else is living in!! I have never been in this situation before obviously.

But I am excited :D I'm proud of myself for taking that first huge leap of faith and getting in there!!:p

Yay Pawprints. Congratualtions!:D

Welcome to Property Investing. It's great you're excited. It's a great feeling isn't it? You SHOULD be proud of yourself! You took the step and did it.

Regards Jo:)

Congratulations, pawprints!!! The first one is always the hardest - you'll find that the more properties you buy, the easier it gets!

Don't forget to have something cold and bubbly tonight to celebrate! :D

Cheers
LynnH

Already bought a bottle!! :p

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!! I have a splitting headache but I am happy!!

I bought in Wonthaggi. I have been watching the area for the past 4 years and I know big things are going to happen. My parents live in Cape Paterson and know pretty much everyone in Wonthaggi in some form or another. I have gotten to know every street just about and have watched house prices and sales, rentals and opportunites for so long now. I have watched Big W, Maccas, KFC, Subway, Aldi, Bi-Lo and Harvey Norman turn up.
I have developed relationships with most of the businesses and real estate agents over the years and have gotten a lot of 'inside gossip'.

I am very happy with my purchase, the place is only two years old and neat as a pin. I already have tenants in who have rented it for 2 years and are desperate to stay and are signing another 12 month lease in a months time.

It is slightly cf -'ve but I can well afford to cover it and it has great potential for raising the rent later on. They say the first purchase doesn't have to be perfect.;)

Congratulations! :)

As some have said, the first is always the hardest, it gets much easier from here on in, in terms of financing more, watch it grow, use your available equity, keep saving in the mean time and keep going from there, good on you!

Back