Just found out I'm having twins...

Congratulations ems!
Now you will have 2 sets of babies, one set of fur babies and the other set with no fur. May they all get along extremely well with one another!

Something to look forward to...

Check this out: Linky

Happens every year. Our kids school had something like 13 sets of twins and two sets of triplets one year (not all in kiddy garter).

Congrats :)

I have identical twin cousins (a lot older), it skipped a gen and now one of their daughters had identical twins.

I have identical twin cousins (a lot older), it skipped a gen and now one of their daughters had identical twins.
Coincidence. :) Identical twins happens by chance; it's not genetic. Only fraternal (non-identical) twins runs in families.

Thanks all :)

Went in for our second ultrasound today and have found out that they are sharing a placenta but have their own sacs with a membrane separating them. I've been told that this is pointing towards identical which is quite astonishing considering my sis and I are identical. There must be some hereditary aspect occurring here?

Thanks all :)

Went in for our second ultrasound today and have found out that they are sharing a placenta but have their own sacs with a membrane separating them. I've been told that this is pointing towards identical which is quite astonishing considering my sis and I are identical. There must be some hereditary aspect occurring here?

Good to hear all is going well.

Hi All, just thought I'd give an update as I haven't been around lately. Unfortunately Rys and I lost our two precious little girls last week at 19 weeks. We are still completely numb and are wondering why this has happened to us. I somehow went into premature labour much too early and they have no explanation why this happened and was unable to stop it. I can't believe how much love you can have for someone you've never met...Having to give birth to two babies knowing they would never survive was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Life can be so cruel sometimes :(

So sorry to hear about your loss ems :(. Terrible news. I wish you and Rys all the strength to cope through this loss.

That is terribly sad. Life throws some curveballs and you can do nothing but wade through. I'm so sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you.

My condolences, ems. I can barely imagine what a gruelling experience that must have been.

One day at a time, and remember to be kind to yourself.

oh Ems that is such terribly sad news.

When you are ready the Still and Neonatal Death society might be a big support but sometimes it just raises more questions about how **** things happen to good people.

Be gentle with yourselves and take your time to deal with this.

Hi Ems
So sorry to hear that and sorry you had to go through such a sad and painful experience.
Sending you lost of LOVE and please take care of YOU x

Back