Just saying hello

Hi, everyone.

[Pretty much a cut-and-paste job from my intro thread on another forum, so apologies if you've read this twice. :) ]

Came across this forum when doing a web search on commercial investment property, and have been reading with great interest.

A little about me/us:

I bought a small-but-still-2-bedroom beachfront unit in the early nineties as my first foray into property investing, shortly after I finished uni. We still own that unit and it is a lovely spot, if still a little small (IMHO).

We also have another IP, a typical "house in the burbs", which has approx a 50% loan balance against it. We're not paying that off quite as quickly as we'd like, but current circumstances don't allow any more aggressive payments, so it is what it is.

We have a couple of other investment interests as well, but these are the main ones.

I started investing in shares in the early-mid nineties, although nothing too risky; only in blue-chip stocks. Portfolio was worth a little over 100k towards the end of last year. (I had sold up some of it to fund a reno a couple of years ago, as well.)

My partner & I are both in our very early forties and have a goal of establishing a stream of passive income via investments, hopefully by about 15 years' time. As part of that, we recently went into some serious debt, and I sold up my shares completely, to fund a commercial property investment. So I have been reading any and all commercial property investment threads with *great* interest.

I am also hoping to learn a lot more about all the other forms of investment out there, over the next period of time. (Of course, whether or not we participate in them, is another matter. Case in point - SMSF.)

I looking forward to participating more in the future.

Cheers,
hobo

Back