Just show me the data!!!

I set out this morning to do one thing... download quarterly median house prices and rents by suburb (or by local government area whatever, in Brisbane specifically) for the last ten years.

I hear them mentioned so often I thought it would be a snap.
But noooooo.... I can by all sorts of fancy reports obviously based on this data from numerous providers, I just can't get the actual raw data. And even then the data is grouped into city regions not individual suburbs or LGAs. Someone is holding this information very close to their chest. Perhaps the local library can help!? I've given up on web searching.

Does anybody know how I can get this data??????

Data

Hi

I know in Vic you can buy the data from the office of the surveyor general. I have seen it as a book, not sure if it is electronic. Qld must have an equivalent, so you might have some luck with them. You'll probably have to pay.

Tubs

Tubs,

Yep...the data from the Valuer General in Victoria can also be purchased as a soft copy. I have done this over a number of years. It is great, as the soft copy is in Excel and you can manipulate the data as you see fit....definitely saves typing the data from the book!!! However, you will need to ask for the soft copy as they don't freely volunteer this information.

Regards,

GlennM.

Back