Just signed on my first place. couple quick q's

Hi guys,
Couple quesitons.

Just bought a 2 bed 1 bath unit in fortitude valley, qld for 402k.

The complex is pretty new and i was told only a body corporate report would be neccesary not a building and pest?. ive inspected the unit twice and looks good anyhow.

Another concern i have is the unit details on RPData states its a one bedroom not two bedroom. When i looked at it, its hard to say if a wall has been built at any stage.... it looks legit, is it possible the property details was entered incorrectly into rpdata at some stage?

Another thing im anoyed about, is the carpet is a bit shot (which i negotiated the price down a few K) but whats wierd is there a piece of carpet about 2m x 30cm that has been cut out from the corner of the lounge area, i asked the agent why was this done, his reply was "The owners had a cat and it pissed on it so they cut the carpet out" what a load of crap. Anyway not too concerned about that as ill be putting some timber slats down all through out the unit.

Share your thoughts

Ant.

... i was told only a body corporate report would be neccesary not a building and pest?.
It is the BC's responsibility to do regular pest inspections & treatment - so a pest report is a bit of a waste of time in a unit IMO. A building report in a unit will only tell you what is wrong with internal things like doors etc. Again - the main building is covered by the BC.

ive inspected the unit twice and looks good anyhow.
If you are happy with the internals, then just get a strata search done which will tell you about pest & building and other levies planned to be raised etc.

Another concern i have is the unit details on RPData states its a one bedroom not two bedroom.
RP Data does contain errors.......but also they may have changed it to a 2brm. The strata paln in the contract of sale would probably tell you.

The complex is pretty new and i was told only a body corporate report would be neccesary not a building and pest?. ive inspected the unit twice and looks good anyhow.

I'd be worried about the motives of whoever told you that building and pest is not necessary. What if the place is riddled with... I don't know, termites or cockroaches, rats? Or an internal wall's about to fall down? I'd prefer to get the reports done (~$1000) and find no problems, than not get them done and find out when it's too late, that there are issues.

Another concern i have is the unit details on RPData states its a one bedroom not two bedroom. When i looked at it, its hard to say if a wall has been built at any stage.... it looks legit, is it possible the property details was entered incorrectly into rpdata at some stage?

Don't know enough about the accuracy of RPData to comment, but a building inspection might help determine this, especially if you word the inspector up that you have a concern? If possible, go with the inspector on the day and get him to talk through what he's seeing.

Another thing im anoyed about, is the carpet is a bit shot (which i negotiated the price down a few K) but whats wierd is there a piece of carpet about 2m x 30cm that has been cut out from the corner of the lounge area, i asked the agent why was this done, his reply was "The owners had a cat and it pissed on it so they cut the carpet out" what a load of crap.

Blood is hard to remove from carpet.

Back