Kallangur, Petrie, Strathpine

With approval of the new uni looking to be in Petrie, is there enough along with an easy route to the Bruce hwy through to Brisbane CDB plus the ever expanding North lakes and new rail line to start getting excited about Kallangur, Pettis and/or Strathpine?

I guess what bothers me is the long term CG historical data, particularly deception bay, there really hasn't been overly amazing CG at any point.

Probably right. Decep isn't a desirable place to live as I understand, high crime and low socio. It's just been there. But perhaps the next 5-10 years will buck the trend. Is council doing anything to improve the area?? Or planning changes.
It's on the water so that's a positive, water is good but how long for it to change could be the issue

Only last 10 years or so, certainly not a massive change, or am I doing something wrong in my research?

Compare these stats with the popular Brisbane suburbs like Mt Gravatt, Coorparoo, Wynnum etc over the same time and see whether the same can be said for them too. I have not taken any notice of south side stats, but I can tell you that pretty much all of SE Qld prices dropped significantly after the GFC and the flood, and they are only now returning to their previous values. That is perhaps why we have had such good "growth" in the last two years.

Probably right. Decep isn't a desirable place to live as I understand, high crime and low socio. It's just been there. But perhaps the next 5-10 years will buck the trend. Is council doing anything to improve the area?? Or planning changes.
It's on the water so that's a positive, water is good but how long for it to change could be the issue

There are changes happening in Deception Bay already. For example, there are new apartment blocks in the area near George street which is close to the bay.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-deception+bay-114140623

There also other new OTP developments being marketed.

http://baylife.com.au/location-overview/

These changes and the influence of the new train line will help to gentrify the area.

Sounds like the area is in need of that.thanks for the links, it will get me started for more researchingwhich I had been putting off

I'm staying in Deception Nay with family whilst we complete our renovation of our property in Kallangur.

Can say that deception bay is definitely moving.

I purchased in kallangur a property on half acre, 5/2/4 only 500m from the new train station and across the road from the proposed university.

Just need to think now is it worth spending the dollars on a Reno or look at subdividing.

Hope the Uni goes through, what would that do for CG in the area?

So having said all this would you recommend getting close to the water or given the potential of the region, would a solid brick home investment work in any part of deception bay

Brick home near the Deception Bay Woolworths (New development across the road) would be my pick.

Each to their own however.

So having said all this would you recommend getting close to the water or given the potential of the region, would a solid brick home investment work in any part of deception bay

Select a street with no hardiplank houses. Check Street View for the neighbour's outdoor garden objects like old lounges and car bodies or flags in the front yard. You know, all the usual stuff you would do in Mt Druitt and northern Hobart.

Avoid the street that flooded twice this Summer because of the train works. Darn I don't remember its name - it was just across the creek from North Lakes. Don't fret, it was only one street, not the entire suburb. If you are really brave you can expect the train line building company to fix the problem before next Summer and you might even grab a real bargain.

Select a street with no hardiplank houses. Check Street View for the neighbour's outdoor garden objects like old lounges and car bodies or flags in the front yard. You know, all the usual stuff you would do in Mt Druitt and northern Hobart.

Avoid the street that flooded twice this Summer because of the train works. Darn I don't remember its name - it was just across the creek from North Lakes. Don't fret, it was only one street, not the entire suburb. If you are really brave you can expect the train line building company to fix the problem before next Summer and you might even grab a real bargain.

There is a list of affected streets here:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ed-to-more-flood-victims-20150504-ggu32g.html

Back