Karma?

A couple of years ago, I wanted a carport at an investment property. We submitted the planning documents, and the neighbour objected on the grounds that she didn't want the nice trees to be removed.

Yesterday, one of those nice trees split in half- missing my fence completely, but hitting the neighbours house. Not a lot of damage, but guttering will need to be replaced.

A couple of years ago, I wanted a carport at an investment property. We submitted the planning documents, and the neighbour objected on the grounds that she didn't want the nice trees to be removed.

Yesterday, one of those nice trees split in half- missing my fence completely, but hitting the neighbours house. Not a lot of damage, but guttering will need to be replaced.

For your signboard maybe:

My karma just hit your dogma

:D

HOPE YOU HAVE INSURANCE!

On another note, isnt it stupid that neighbours can object and stop you from doing reasonable things to your own property (i'm assuming the carport never went ahead).

I recall reading in a Sydney newspaper a few years ago that it can take sometimes 2 years and 10's of thousands to get a approval through council for improvements to a house (in the inner city suburbs) because of local people objecting to your plans, even people that live further than you can throw a stone. Sometimes because they dont like the colour of your windows or something ridiculous like that.

HOPE YOU HAVE INSURANCE!

Out of curiosity, whose insurance would have to cover it? Geoff's or his neighbor's? It was Geoff's tree, but it was the neighbor's property that was damaged. If Geoff has evidence he wanted to remove the tree, surely the neighbor should have to be responsible?!

The PM hasn't come across this before. He is assuming the neighbour's insurance will cover it- until found otherwise.

The tree is split, and rotten. I will have to pay to get it removed.

i am fairly sure that unless there is some sort of negligence (in process of being cut down/diseased and ordered to remove but didnt) on the part of the property owner where the tree was, that the liability resides with the property where it fell to.

I think from now on, if i ever want something removed i add on the application

"There is potential rotting to occur and I am concerned if the item were to break, it could potentially injure someone or something"

Reckon that will hold up?

Back