Karratha WA

details have just been released.. wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a block. seems the old waiting lists have been lost and its a new ball game. 50 blocks will go to business. then there's 100 with preference going to fhobs and OOs (dunno why fhob's get preference in all this bit anywway) and it's all by ballot, so... probably a 1 in 20-40 chance of scoring, if that??

details have just been released.. wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a block. seems the old waiting lists have been lost and its a new ball game. 50 blocks will go to business. then there's 100 with preference going to fhobs and OOs (dunno why fhob's get preference in all this bit anywway) and it's all by ballot, so... probably a 1 in 20-40 chance of scoring, if that??

OOs and FHO get perference because the idea in towns like Karratha and similar Pilbara towns is to encourage people to stay and live there which the councils hope to promote through home ownership options. By FHO they mean buyers who will buy to occupy the property and there is generally a clause in the sale contract you have to sign to say you are buying the land with the intention to build a house to reside in yourself.

I was in Karratha on the weekend and there are A LOT of houses going up, lots of new subdivisions and vacant land (probably part of this ballot). Funnily enough a friend tells me there are currently 200 houses vacant for rent, wondering whether supply is catching up to demand and what this could do for future prices?

'Evening all,

Couldn't resist replying on this occasion. I wrote a long spiel in response to posts on 12th & 13th but by time I finished it I had been timed out and lost the bloody lot.....so I thought @#$% it why bother? :mad:

Anyway, the crux of it all was that Landcorp have on their website a lovely slide presentation outlining proposals for the entire Pilbara incl. Ktha, Hedland, Newman, Onslow and so on.

You will find everything you need to know about future releases in the presentation (it's been there for months people this is nothing new......no i'm not going to post the link because i'm over it all.....if you're seriously interested you'll go and find it).

P1ssed myself laughing reading the articles from Business WA......and Brendan "i'm a seriously boof headed numpty" Grylls observations on the Mulataga release:

"People will be able to take advantage of the spectacular views of the Burrup Peninsula, mangroves and the Pilbara sunset from cafes, restaurants and parks on the foreshore of Nickol Bay," Mr Grylls said.

LOL lol lol lol ROFLMAO!!! .......what an absolute spanking cork head!!

"Mr Grylls said LandCorp would oversee the project to ensure the natural features, including the fragile coastal mangroves, are protected and enhanced, while providing improved access for Karratha residents and visitors."

......yep and everyone can get eaten alive by the sand flies and mosquitos, have a delightful gaze over the mud and sludge when it drops 5.8m to low tide.....you can even sit back and simply marvel at the trawlers ripping the guts out of the prawn & crab stocks too......ahhh bliss!! You can even watch all the empty cans and beer bottles ebbing and flowing in the current.

For those that know what i'm talking about, this is the back end of Bulgarra behind the road to Back Beach and the old sand quarry right in on the mangroves......oh yeah, and residents don't need to worry about king tides during a cyclone, you'll all be evacuated to the Entertainment Centre. Anyone ever seen the flood impingement behind the LIA when she's blown around from the back of Pt Samson???......not real nice.

I mean for God's sake, where do these political peons come up with their information and drivel???

Like I keep saying....research Karratha well, or buy at your peril!!......or just be a numpty too and believe the @#$%wits that spruik this crap in the papers.

Oh yeah, and the Pindan thing is nothing new....its the extension of Nickol West towards the airport.........and of course that area never gets inundated in the cyclone wet and high tides.

On ya bike Grylls you tosser!

'Night All xox

Somebodies passionate arent they:)

Good having that perspective from someone whos lived there. Its a great view when i fly in and out of k-town. Not as great when i roam around...except mermaids and the tav :)

Ive put my name down for sh**s and giggles. See how i go

Sorry Reeco.....forgot my tablet this morning, but then again it probably wouldn't have helped because these snivelling, dip****, good news, political @#$%ers make my blood boil when they start telling you how everything is going to be yet they haven't got a @#$%en clue on the reality of it all other than they fly in for their first time ever and have a camera shoot for the papers and then @#$% off again.

.....and don't get me started on that pasty skinned, paunchy, rat eyed, nob gobbler Barnett.

I am passionate about Karratha and the grossly inaccurate media tripe which gets reported so that the property lemmings take it as gospel and think, "Jeez, Karratha is the ducks guts.....I simply have to buy there".....then they'll ***** because they're gonna get burnt.

As you and I have discussed previously, Karratha property investing is not like some would have you believe.......research, diligence, fiscal sensibility and volumous testicular conviction are mandatory pre-requisites if you're going be successful with property in the Pilbara these days.

Other than that it's easy as........:D

Cheers!

Ian.

a friend tells me there are currently 200 houses vacant for rent, wondering whether supply is catching up to demand and what this could do for future prices?

how did they arrive at that? there are 50 on re.com however that includes all the rates and mice, the industrial bits and pieces and the half built houses

OOs and FHO get perference because the idea in towns like Karratha and similar Pilbara towns is to encourage people to stay and live there which the councils hope to promote through home ownership options. By FHO they mean buyers who will buy to occupy the property and there is generally a clause in the sale contract you have to sign to say you are buying the land with the intention to build a house to reside in yourself.

hence the naivety of landcorp. all they do is create a preferential class of speculator.

how did they arrive at that? there are 50 on re.com however that includes all the rates and mice, the industrial bits and pieces and the half built houses

Agreed, I wouldn't take a friends seemingly 'random' figure as absolute truth :) However it's worth noting that re.com is very untrustworthy for an indication of Pilbara rentals; for 1 because the houses here do rent very fast (or have been) and don't need to make it to the websites and 2. because there aren't that many agencies in town so it's not as important to pay to advertise on the internet when the properties will rent just as well without it. (the regurgitated opinion of a friend in Karratha whose an RE). A better source is RE windows. 6 months ago I was in Karratha and all I could find in the RE displays were 'property wanted' signs I was actually considering moving there but couldn't find anywhere to live. Last weekend I noticed one of those agencies had all 3 windows filled with rental property ads - so there's definately some indication of an easing of the rental market. (even if it's temporary)
I also have a few friends living that way who are qualified builders and either can't get work or have been laid off jobs, seems unbelieveable with all the hype about the market there - all the industries seem to be chugging along so not sure what's going on :confused:

hence the naivety of landcorp. all they do is create a preferential class of speculator.

Don't blame Landcorp - they would never make such a major public policy decision on their lonesome. This one has a politician's fingerprints all over it. Just so when they get asked the question "what are you doing to help FHBs and OOs?", they can answer:

"Forbidding anyone else from buying up new land releases in Karratha"

It has such a ring to it that it makes no difference whether it's actually a good idea or not. It's bound to buy them sympathy votes. From the same school of thinking that says "We must do something! This is something! Therefore we must do this!"

Noticed the Huge Landcorp signage for the new Gap Ridge Industrial Estate whilst driving past the area today

The Karratha Airport, whilst a PITA will be interesting once completed, I believe paid parking is to be introduced

Noticed the Huge Landcorp signage for the new Gap Ridge Industrial Estate whilst driving past the area today

The Karratha Airport, whilst a PITA will be interesting once completed, I believe paid parking is to be introduced

It's always strange going pass cars that have been sitting there for weeks..you can tell how long by the thickness of the bull dust. If you didn't know better you'd say they were abandon

Back