Kealba VIC?

I'm looking at purchasing my first IP and have been interested in Kealba. I know the area fairly well and can honestly say it isn't the most attractable place but does look to be in a good location.

Does anyone have any feedback in relation to Kealba?

Some things that arise in my mind;
16km from CBD as a crow flies.
Right on the Western ring rd & Calder fwy
Flight paths?
Quarry?
Lack of transport/schools?
High amount of renters?

Well it's not exactly inner city - what else would I call it? Bacchus Marsh isn't considered part of the Melbourne metro AFAIK

Before going into the geopgraphics of an area, ask yourself why you are buying and what is your strategy?

In terms of the area, what you may know well, does not generally mean it is an attractive IP

One of my friends had a property near that area (Kings Park), they bought it because it was cheap. They then moved to Eastern suburbs due to schooling etc. Rented it out for awhile but had few issues with bad tenants. They sold it few months ago at a loss cos they were desperate to get rid of it. It was very difficult to sell as well.

Short of it is, personally, I would not buy an IP that way.

One of my friends had a property near that area (Kings Park), they bought it because it was cheap. They then moved to Eastern suburbs due to schooling etc. Rented it out for awhile but had few issues with bad tenants. They sold it few months ago at a loss cos they were desperate to get rid of it. It was very difficult to sell as well.

Short of it is, personally, I would not buy an IP that way.

Kings Park is NOT EQUAL to Kealba!

Kings Park is dodgy as...! And you've got Keilor Lodge and bits of St. Albans between Kealba and Kings Park.

Kealba is next to Keilor Downs, near Brimbank Park, has views of Maribyrnong River in some sections, and is right off the Ring Rd exit near the Whitten Bridge. It's certainly leagues ahead of Kings Park, I wouldn't be comparing the two at all!

I agree with the above post, know these areas very well personally

Kealba is right next to what I would say one of the best areas in the west (Keilor village) Kealba is right next to brimbank park which is awesome and direct access to freeway no more than 30 min to the city, as for tenants not sure but yeah kings park is very rough! I know someone who bought in Kealba as a ppor with views of brimbank park renovated and sold around 5 years later for a pretty good profit,, my 2 cents. Cheers.

Yes Kings Park is as bad as, if not worse, than St Albans next door. Kealba is completely different and has nothing to do with those two suburbs. Kealba is near Keilor village and Taylors Lakes and both rate pretty highly in my book.

Back