Keep being logged off

Hi Sim', I've noticed the past 12 hours or so that I keep getting logged off the forum after only a few minutes of inactivity, whereas I've previously stayed logged on for days at a time without incident. Have any forum settings changed recently, or is it more likely something to do with my own browser (Chrome) or computer?

I'm quite happy to accept that it's the latter; just thought I'd check if anything had changed at your end before I started trying to find the fault at my end. ;)

Could be corrupt cookies.

Go to this page: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/mycookies.php ... select all of the cookies and click "Delete My Cookies" - this only affects your cookies for this site.

You will then need to log in again. Make sure you select the "remember me" option. Hopefully that will fix things.

OK, I select the cookies - and there are about a dozen - and hit "delete cookies", and I return to the same page - listing all the cookies as still there, but I'm now logged out.

I log in again, select the cookies, hit delete again, and again it returns to the page listing the same cookies, but I've been logged out.

OK, I select the cookies - and there are about a dozen - and hit "delete cookies", and I return to the same page - listing all the cookies as still there, but I'm now logged out.

I log in again, select the cookies, hit delete again, and again it returns to the page listing the same cookies, but I've been logged out.

Every time you log in, the cookies are re-created. Logging in and then deleting them is a good way to pass the time, but not terribly productive :D

Every time you delete the cookies, you get logged out.

So just log in, and do what you normally do on the site. Tell me if you have difficulty staying logged in.

Every time you log in, the cookies are re-created. Logging in and then deleting them is a good way to pass the time, but not terribly productive :D
LOL - well I'm glad I only did it twice. ;)

However, I've just been away from the puter for a couple of hours, and I was logged out again whilst I was gone.

Any other ideas?

Back