keeping "down" with the jones'

Bayview,

What sort of income is he on?

And what do you define as ultra-high vs. high income?

I hear ortho surgeons can make up to $1MM per annum, and if that's the case, he's doing it ultra-cheap with an RX8, and the cost of the tyres would be almost irrelevant.

If it inconveniences him enough to get in the way of him earning his income, then why bother saving a couple of hundred dollars sourcing cheaper tyres?

Hi Jit, sorry I haven't replied; musta missed this one.

It wouldn't have inconvenienced him to save the money - I offered to source the cheaper tyres for him. He chose to go with the expensive option. The fitting time is exactly the same for either option.

According to my wife, who works with him, he is on the $250k per year bracket - maybe around $300k. Hardly a wage large enough that a few hundred dollars saved would go unnoticed.

To someone with my mentality, that saved few hundred dollars would go very nicely towards the next holiday's spending money/accommodation/school fees etc.

Will anyone notice if my tyres are worth $600 or only $350 other than me? Am I needing them to compete at Bathurst? I'd doubt it, so I'm going with the cheapies I'm afraid. You could argue "yeah; but you don't earn as much as them", but these days I do I'm happy to say - not earned income though; never was a high income earner. About $80k per year was my best effort back in the mid '90's for a few years.

Given that the average wage is supposedly about $60k these days apparently, then I would say that anyone on over double that per year would be a high income earner. Most doctors would be on this and up to around the $250k as an average, with a small percentage in the over $500k to $1 mill per year bracket.

Ultra high would be over $1 mill per year, if we have to put a figure on it.

According to my wife, who works with him, he is on the $250k per year bracket - maybe around $300k. Hardly a wage large enough that a few hundred dollars saved would go unnoticed.

Given that the average wage is supposedly about $60k these days apparently, then I would say that anyone on over double that per year would be a high income earner. Most doctors would be on this and up to around the $250k as an average, with a small percentage in the over $500k to $1 mill per year bracket.

Ultra high would be over $1 mill per year, if we have to put a figure on it.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds about right.

180 k is the new top tax bracket and according to the governemnt constitutes the top 1 percent of wage earners.

If that guy is earning 300k that imo is big money and yes 200 bucks does go unnoticed sometimes. Its less than 2 hours work. Would someone on 30 bucks an hour lose sleep over buying 2 cd's, or a meal with his girlfriend?

In superannuation talk - if you have an income of over 200k per annum from your invesments that you are considered to be extremely well off.

Back