Keeping the car shiny

I've been using this Gyeon Q2M Wetcoat for the last few months and simply put, its amazing!

I normally wash my car using Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax, but after a few days, it would get dusty again and lose its shine (I park my car on the street).

I started using this Gyeon Wetcoat, its super easy to apply - you spray it on before drying the car, then using the pressure hose (I don't have one, so i just use the hose with the flat spray setting). Then dry the car.

The car stays shiny for 2-3 weeks and it feels really smooth, just like a freshly waxed car - Long enough until its next wash. Its meant to last 6 weeks, but thats probably assuming its garaged.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/gyeon/wetcoat

You want to really test it? Come out to my place for a few weeks - dirt roads - nowadays the only time the car gets washed is when it rains.

Mine gets washed when it rains. :D

True.

I never wash it....maybe once a year?

I only buy silver cars.

Reason?

No matter how infrequently you clean them; silver cars never look really dirty.;)

Great for folks like me who hate cleaning cars, and the car wash joints at the Servo's don't do a good enough job.

Last edited:
That sounds good. Looks like that is the only local website to buy from.

How did you find out about this product?

I went to the store to some leather cleaner... ended up walking out with this as well :)
I asked the sales guy what can i use to keep the car shiny and recommended this product. AT $20 i figured i would give it a shot :)

You want to really test it? Come out to my place for a few weeks - dirt roads - nowadays the only time the car gets washed is when it rains.

LOL. No thanks, i don't think that product was designed for that purpose. :p

Last edited:

True.

I only buy silver cars.

Reason?

No matter how infrequently you clean them; silver cars never look really dirty.

Great for folks like me who hate cleaning cars, and the car wash joints at the Servo's don't do a good enough job.

That was like my old car (11 years old, now given to my sister). I washed it fortnightly for the first 3 years... to the point my wife was getting annoyed. It went from fortnightly to annually.

Needless to say my wife got annoyed with how dirty it was. She now makes me wash our newer car at least once a month :)

That was like my old car (11 years old, now given to my sister). I washed it fortnightly for the first 3 years... to the point my wife was getting annoyed. It went from fortnightly to annually.

Needless to say my wife got annoyed with how dirty it was. She now makes me wash our newer car at least once a month :)
P.u.s.s.y whipped. :eek::D

You can't win, sometimes.

Why can't SHE wash it then if it's such an issue for her? :confused::D

have to admit, I always looked forward to service time so that I could see the nice shiny look of the car again. I just don't have time to wash cars... heck I've got work to do on this forum!

True.

I only buy silver cars.

Reason?

No matter how infrequently you clean them; silver cars never look really dirty.;)

Probably why my car doesn't get washed.
Bought a new Lexus 18 months ago, gunmetal grey and only had it washed once in that whole time, and that's cos my cat got inside and pissed on the floor, so took it to a car wash to get that putrid ammonia kind of smell out of it, but it didn't do any good anyway....

There's better things to do than wash cars...

So I guess this thread only applies to car enthusiasts or people that use a car for business..
Yeah we get the odd car enthusiast through our doors. Cleaning would be a factor.

Depends on the business, and depends on the car.

We own an '09 Kluger. Just another workhorse with a few bells and whistles...not worth the time.

But if I owned an Audi A8.....still silver though. ;)

Tradies, farmers - no washing.

I use a drive through car wash and a cappuccino - once a week!

If any other detail is required I use a husband or a dad - it bothers them more than me so they do it ;)

Ok, own up people - who cleans inside the engine bay and under the bonnet? :D

(weed out the concours and track day people)

Had to keep my Bimmer relatively clean back in the day, because the scrutineers got upset if you were going to be dropping grit and oil on the circuit!

These days - my Mazda has maybe got washed a few times during the 10 years we've had it - and yep, it's silver.

The Y-man

After reading the thread, I have just spent the last hour out in the car reading my manual. Nowhere does it say anything about having to wash the car :confused:

Back