Keeping your children in factory-fresh condition

I enjoyed the sting of the cane, and strap, and even the 1 metre blackboard ruler numerous times as a school kid.

Last one was in Year 10 - two swipes across the hand with a cane.

Nowadays; it'd be an assault charge or something similar? :rolleyes:

I got the electric frying pan cord, and feather duster - across the legs - by both Mum and my Auntie as a little kid....we all did in our family.

And no; I don't flog my own kids when they do wrong because of my upbringing....

I can remember getting six of a teachers best at boarding school in the early eighties with the cane . I can remember standing up and smiling as I looked into the whites of my teachers eyes and saying thank you . He was a SO a B and if I saw him now I'd have to restrain myself fromplonkinginghim one .

A Kindy kid at my school broke her arm trying to do a cartwheel. Big investigation took place until the mother was convinced that that was what really happened.:rolleyes: She was copying a kindergarten friend who was wonderful at cartwheels.:D

It hasn't been banned at our school.

There's a school in Queensland that lets kids clomb trees and everything. :eek: They say there haven't been any more accidents than usual.:p

But on the flipside, Fifth, the school my kids go to put in a huge set of monkey bars and stuff like that a few years ago. There have been a couple of broken arms, but nobody has kicked up a stink.
I also heard on the radio a few months ago an interview with a school principal here who has opened up a whole previously forbidden part of school grounds for kids to play in and tree climbing is allowed. There was a NZ counterpart who inspired him by reintroducing 'dangerous play'.
I laughed when one of them said that when all the kids were confined to a small play area they had more injuries than when the kids are allowed to roam. He also said that when kids (mostly boys, of course) occasionally injure themselves, they tend to keep it quiet because they know it's the end of play for them for a while.

He also said that when kids (mostly boys, of course) occasionally injure themselves, they tend to keep it quiet because they know it's the end of play for them for a while.
LOL!

When I was about 15 we went to another Country town near-ish to us to visit some friends on their farm.

One of the sons and I went out hooning around the paddocks on their Honda-90 motorbike...he was dinking me, we hit a pothole in the track, and crashed it at speed.

Both flew over the handlebars and landed on the muddy track; really hurt.

We limped back home on the bike, said nothing and suffered in silence. :D:eek::eek:

Amazingly; the mums knew something was up.

But on the flipside, Fifth, the school my kids go to put in a huge set of monkey bars and stuff like that a few years ago. There have been a couple of broken arms, but nobody has kicked up a stink.
I also heard on the radio a few months ago an interview with a school principal here who has opened up a whole previously forbidden part of school grounds for kids to play in and tree climbing is allowed. There was a NZ counterpart who inspired him by reintroducing 'dangerous play'.
I laughed when one of them said that when all the kids were confined to a small play area they had more injuries than when the kids are allowed to roam. He also said that when kids (mostly boys, of course) occasionally injure themselves, they tend to keep it quiet because they know it's the end of play for them for a while.

Some sanity. Great sounding school.

Recently took the kids for a 9km walk up a dirt track called the "goat hill", we've also done sessions of handstands, cartwheels, climbing and swinging (me included in all of theses). We've also done sessions of air squats, running, burpees and kettlebell exercises (20kg for me, 4kg for the 9 year old and 2kg for the 7 year old). The kids have a ball on their trampoline at home and a balance beam recently made up for them

For the life of me....... I cannot even find Monkey Bars around our local parks or schools. I'd love to find a good (free) obstacle type course in Perth similar to what we had as kids

The kids regularly ride their bikes to school with us (4k's each way), plus have out of school activities (karate/dance/drama).

Kids are also enrolled in the RunAMuck at their request and had great fun last year at a kids obstacle course

I'm probably under investigation by child services for abuse (fun) with the above :eek:

Back