Keperra, 9km Bris CBD Opinion?

I'd buy 10 in Keperra for every 1 in Logan or Deception Bay. Why?
Purely time/distance from cbd, and train (26mins to cbd). It is actually the second last stop on the line, so passengers can generally get a seat...unlike the northern line to Petrie/Caboolture/Nambour.

The drive in is a goat track though.

I always think you can tell a lot about an area based on the general look of people at the local shops, and Great Western Shopping Centre, Keperra isn't too bad....and a couple of socioeconomic levels above Morayfield, Narangba, D Bay, Kippa-ring.

Add Brisbane Forest Park, Keperra Golf Course, Brookside Shopping Centre, Blackwood St Markets and cafe precinct, Grovely Tafe College, a large rock's throw from Enoggera army base, and the area has a lot of potential....once the minority feral teens vacate and they ever manage to tidy up the quarry.

Nearby 'The Gap' used to have a bad reputation 15-20 years ago, but it is quite upper middle now.

Zillmere was also 'bad' 20 years ago but has been a hot spot for many years recently.

tkhn02......yep, that price reflects the area and the fact that it's back fence is on a 6 lane 70kph busy road.
Nice house though and easily rentable I'd say, just the road is a problem for me, but I don't have to live there. I have a little saying "Buy cheap, sell cheap", and this is a cheap-ish buy, although could be a good renter.

All those rocks in the backyard suggest a drainage pit to me, so I think they'd get a fair bit of run-off from the quarry (behind the house) then across the road then into the yard - then into.......... well you get the picture. We're all a little wary of water in Brisvegas lately!

The Glenmorgan St property is too close to Samford Rd in my opinion. Properties are in better condition the closer you get to the railway and seem to sell for higher as they are closer to the shops etc. The land also is heading downhill that way.

Joe

The drive in is a goat track though.

I hear that said quite a bit, but have never found it myself. I drive through that way to the city each day from Camp Mountain (Samford) at peak hour. Never takes more than 45 min (unless there is an accident or something out of the ordinary) and I'm 10k further out than Keperra. Non peak I'm in Queen St in 28 minutes.

It is a much better run than say from out Albany Creek way along Sth Pine Rd.

Maybe Brisbane people have a different definition of 'slum' to Sydney siders. Even Logan/Woodridge/Kingston looked and felt perfectly safe and a somewhat OK area to live in.

Just came back from qld after purchasing a home in marsden/browns plains. Calling it a slum is far too harsh. I was expecting the worst from what I read on these boards but I was quite pleasantly surprised. Yes there are streets with older high-set homes, but there are some very nice areas aswell (I bought in fifth avenue). They have large malls, four lane access to surfers, 30 k drive to brissy, and LOTS OF DEVELOPMENT. I sense its going to become quite prciey in the next two to three years.

There are a few bogans about but on the whole it wasnt near as bad as what posters here made it out to be.

I hear that said quite a bit, but have never found it myself. I drive through that way to the city each day from Camp Mountain (Samford) at peak hour. Never takes more than 45 min (unless there is an accident or something out of the ordinary) and I'm 10k further out than Keperra. Non peak I'm in Queen St in 28 minutes.

It is a much better run than say from out Albany Creek way along Sth Pine Rd.

Yup, A Creek does it tough.....and tougher from Eaton's Hill....and tougher yet from Warner Joyner.

I travel from Highvale a few times a week, and think it's a goat track.
Suppose it's all relative....

Consider two burbs roughly equidistant from cbd.
Keperra to cbd - 27 mins according to google maps.
Tarragindi - 15 mins.

Consider two burbs roughly equidistant from cbd.
Keperra to cbd - 27 mins according to google maps.
Tarragindi - 15 mins.

Certainly take your point on that. Tarragindi with the benefit of a freeway certainly would be a quick run in non peak (quicker than 15 min I reckon), though in peak hour that inbound M1 congestion is pretty rough. I'm always dubious of those google map/whereis estimates. Under non peak conditions, Keperra to CBD is much less than 27 min given I do that from Camp Mt.

Like you say it's all relative. I have a mate who lives at Eatons Hill. He wonders how I can stand to live so far out of the city:rolleyes: It takes him at least 30min longer to get to work than me despite being 2km closer to town. Now that is a goat track that is only going to get a lot worse with all the extra development out Warner/Joyner.

Back