Kitchen / Bathroom reno

Hi all,

I am planning on undertaking a kitchen and bathroom renovation in the coming months.

Can anyone point me in the direction of places in Melbounre where i can get good value (cheap) appliances and fixtures and fittings?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am planning on undertaking a kitchen and bathroom renovation in the coming months.

Can anyone point me in the direction of places in Melbounre where i can get good value (cheap) appliances and fixtures and fittings?

Thanks.

the definition of "cheap"
buying for half price and doing it twice

the definition of "cheap"
buying for half price and doing it twice

I presume by this Arms is saying, no, he doesn't have an answer to your question.

I'm based in Sydney so don't know any local suppliers. If you're building the cupboards yourself though I can give you a link to the online retailer I used for plastic feet/kick board clips, hinges, handles etc. that I used. I'd need to get out the invoice for the URL, but they were an SA based company that was pretty cheap (even after paying for shipping) and had a fantastic turn around time, despite my original concerns over their dubious website.

For appliances, wait until Harvey Norman is having one of their big sales - they have a few each year - and just keep asking for a better price. You should be able to get mid-ranged appliances closer to entry level retail prices this way, or entry level products dirt cheap - which is what I did as it suited our needs.

Cheers
Greg

The Kitchen House was great in 2001 and recently for fixing some tenant damage - the insurance assessor told me their prices were half what he could get anywhere else and hence accepted their quote on the spot.

59 St Leonards Rd
Ascot Vale VIC 3032
(03) 9326 2099

Hope this helps.

Jane

Back