Kitchen Bench Tops

Looking for advice here as I'm starting to plan a kitchen renovation for my 1 bed IP in Sydney and looking for a mid-range bench top that won't cost an arm and a leg but will also add value to my property.

Composite Stone Benchtop vs Granite Benchtop what are the pros and cons for both ?

What are the most common bench tops people are going with for their IP's ?

cheers,

G

Looking for advice here as I'm starting to plan a kitchen renovation for my 1 bed IP in Sydney and looking for a mid-range bench top that won't cost an arm and a leg but will also add value to my property.

Composite Stone Benchtop vs Granite Benchtop what are the pros and cons for both ?

What are the most common bench tops people are going with for their IP's ?

cheers,

G

laminate is the most commonly used

Composite stone does this thing where if you spill acid on it it discolours and it is borderline impossible to fix.

So if your tenants like oranges, lemons or vinegar ...

I went with granite. You would be lucky to find a laminate benchtop in an IP that didn't have marks on it from tenants placing hot pots etc on the laminate.
I'm hoping my granite benchtop woll prove to be tenant proof.

I agree with Rob, the granite benches are fantastic. I have them in my house but they are expensive.

The timber tops from Ikea are a good option for an IP as they can be sanded back and recoated

Chris

I like the look of brushed stainless. Not too common yet but in the right kitchen it looks great. pricey but.My ip has one of the really old style kitchen sinks that the stainless sink/bowl actually extends about 1.5 meters on each side creating a full stainless bench down one wall. I was going to pull it out but it is tennant proof so i left it. This is a little dated looking. The stainless benches you can get now look great.

i worked as a stone mason whilst i was studying

i made and installed granite and composite stone benchtops

for an IP i would go for a composite stone such as caesarstone

some composite stones react to acidic foods, such as oranges, lemons etc. and cause stains that cant be removed

if you can afford it you could go with granite

but as i said, for an IP i would go with caesarstone

I have just installed Caesar Stone in one of my personal investment properties and it has come up magic.

My only suggestion is not to go for a dark colour as in my experience as they look terrible if you don't keep them nice and clean.

also - go a speckle stone. i've just has a white with pebble speckle thru it put in and looks great. can't see crumbs or spills or sawdust (still reo-ing), whereas a friend has a plain/solid finish and every fingerprint shows.

caeserstone is just a brand name - you can get "unknown" brands for way less price.

For those interested there is a ceaser stone ? Generic its half the price of the name brand , and of course , same factory??:rolleyes:

Yup, but I got the brand name at fell off the back of a truck prices! To be fair, it was for a very small kitchen in a two bedroom unit so they used offcuts from another job - just meant I had to go with a certain pattern, but it was what I wanted anyway.

Cheers
Greg

Back