Kitchen Ceiling

Was putting up new roof sheeting yesterday and slipped and went through the ceiling in the kitchen lol.

I hate working with fibro so I just chucked up some vj boards I had instead. Now it's a "feature" :)

Attachments

• Upload 4.jpg
    Upload 4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_0624.jpg
    DSC_0624.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0626.jpg
    DSC_0626.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 146
Was putting up new roof sheeting yesterday and slipped and went through the ceiling in the kitchen lol.

I hate working with fibro so I just chucked up some vj boards I had instead. Now it's a "feature" :)

Just wondering if it's the camera, but there seems to be a load problem in one of those top loadbearing areas,maybe the camera,if not I would not walk under it..

Which kitchen on which level was this? :D

This is just a little old workers cottage that I'll be renting out as a granny flat at an ip.

Regarding load bearing issue. It's just a very old cottage, they put them together with twigs back in the day, nothing is level in that house anymore.

When we re did the roof we threw in some more timbers so it doesn't bow any further.

But yeah you don't want to walk into that old cottage with a level.

Looks good, did you just make a frame for them and then screw them up?

Threw in some extra battens so I could run the vjs left to right, and then just used the nail gun to shoot them up. Pretty easy job. The timber vjs are so easy to work with compared to fibro or gyprock.

As I suspect the ceiling was AC fibro, did you decontaminate the kitchen & remove all of the old asbestos sheeting in the kitchen ceiling?

As I suspect the ceiling was AC fibro, did you decontaminate the kitchen & remove all of the old asbestos sheeting in the kitchen ceiling?

Yeah could have been asbestos, I just treat all old fibro as if it could be asbestos. Luckily I did the roof after the previous tenants moved out so I've had plenty of time to clean the mess up. Wasn't pretty after I smashed through the ceiling.

What a clever idea extending the kitchen floor with tiles like that, it visually extends the kitchen enormously

Yeah it was a good idea and a good way to split up the room, but not my good idea :p previous owner did it. I installed new floor coverings though, the place was not in very good condition when I purchased it. Still not in great condition lol, but it's a very old cottage so expectations can't be too high.

Back