Kitcheninabox.com.au

I think Brenda Irwin used them a fair bit and was very happy with the result.

Haven't seen her on here for a while tho - so maybe PM or email her.

cabinets are only 16mm mdf generally i found there carcase prices to be compareable to bunnings but bunnings use 18mm mdf I also found there tall cabs to be shorter at 2metres vs 2.2m at bunnings. they can do 2.2 but it ends up being a fair bit more expensive. where they are alot more expensive is the side panels and doors kicks etc example is there tall cabinet side panel $470 (gloss 2pack)vs bunnings $200 (gloss vinyl) ikea $100 (gloss 2pac) and brushed metal kicks $88 vs $51 both melamine (check the rest the info and pricing is all there online). for a decent sized kitchen they came out about about 20-30% more expensive (which for me was a benchtop upgrade from laminate to ceasarstone or a glass splash) but alot more competitive than alot of other kitchen places biggest benefit is there cabs are custom sizes. if your not local to them im guessing its gonna be a bit of a wait and stuffing around to recieve replacement/extra bits than just popping down to the local.

cabinets are only 16mm mdf generally i found there carcase prices to be compareable to bunnings but bunnings use 18mm mdf I also found there tall cabs to be shorter at 2metres vs 2.2m at bunnings. they can do 2.2 but it ends up being a fair bit more expensive. where they are alot more expensive is the side panels and doors kicks etc example is there tall cabinet side panel $470 (gloss 2pack)vs bunnings $200 (gloss vinyl) ikea $100 (gloss 2pac) and brushed metal kicks $88 vs $51 both melamine (check the rest the info and pricing is all there online). for a decent sized kitchen they came out about about 20-30% more expensive (which for me was a benchtop upgrade from laminate to ceasarstone or a glass splash) but alot more competitive than alot of other kitchen places biggest benefit is there cabs are custom sizes. if your not local to them im guessing its gonna be a bit of a wait and stuffing around to recieve replacement/extra bits than just popping down to the local.

you are being mischevious with your comments here ,
our carcasses are indeed 16mm thick but are hmr particle board and the bunnings product is 16mm thick hmr .the kickboard you have highlighted is in fact .5mm laminate on a 16mm thick hmr board and not a melamine product ,i decided to throw it in with the melamine so that i didnt have a seperate group for only one product ,as for the side panel you have priced a double sided polyurethane panel (a better product than gloss vinyl with all its inherent problems or a supposed gloss poly panel from ikea )against a single sided panel from the others so of course it will be dearer ,
we also go to a lot of trouble to make sure that the kitchen will fit and even go as far as sending the customer our drawings to check against their(not there) walls and allowing them to change if necessary to cover any mistakes they may have made .
i have sent kitchens all over australia for 10 years now and although there have been a few mishaps i try to get any problems fixed straight away ,ie postpacking overnight small things or express courier larger things.
so i think that if you go back and review your pricing of our products with the correct pieces you may find that i am indeed competitive with any of the other companies ,but i can only be competitive when ALL products are priced the same

bunnings panels are double sided last i measured it was 18mm for the carcases your talking a 150% markup on poly just how superior do you think it really is....inherent problems?? poly chips look yuck. fact is the bunnings product is compareable and often better in quality and very hard to beat on price and convenience (youde be suprised how much easier it is to manage and organise individually packaged items) especially for the diyer.

save on the cabinets spend where it really counts solid benches, tiles and splashes.

And I'll argue again ... Mr Ply and Wood are the same price as Bunnings - better quality finish - bigger range to suit

bunnings kitchens are cr@p. Sorry :( Mister Ply and wood much better and I like the Mitre 10 product too. No idea about kitchen in a box.

And I'll argue again ... Mr Ply and Wood are the same price as Bunnings - better quality finish - bigger range to suit

what is better about the quality and finish i noticed they were using 2pac? I actually considered them but had to order and wait so went bunnings instead

so its not a product decision per se its a poor time managment decision

if you want to put it that way yes its one less thing to worry about and a service they dont charge me extra for and that no one else so far can deliver

i have always said products are very compareable bunnings is overall cheapest usually 20-30% and also dont require rediculous requests for good time managment, provides unmatches flexability and convenience.....with all the money and time managment ive saved i spent it on the things that really count stone benchtops, splashes, sexy as polished porcelain tiles.

who needs time managment when you have bunnings open 7 days everything in stock individually packaged which was a godsend as my place is on the 3rd floor of a 3 story walkup, dollar for dollar its a far superior deal, a no brainer for me anyhow.

Thanks everyone for your feedback on various other options with kitchens.

Sorry if I appeared to be non genuine to some. I am not trying to fuel a war on kitchen manufacturers. (there are other threads that you can continue you passionate debate in)

Back on topic........................ I am actually seeking some specific feedback on kitchen in a box from people that have either used their product or had specifically chosen not to.

Lizzie - thanks for the heads up, I will PM Brenda Irwin

Back