Know anyone famous?

My old flat mate went to school with Wendell Sailor. My old best friends cousin is married to Wally Lewis. I had back stage drinks with Boom Crash Opera. But nah, I thinks it's a birth year thing, never new/went to school with anyone famous. My sis three years older than me did. My husband has been on twitter for about 4 months and has 180 followers - does that make him famous??

Wally Lewis lived a few streets from us and went to school the year above me, in my brother's class.

Sandra Sully went to my school and was (I think) one year younger than me... though I am 52 and according to the TV industry she is only about 48 :D.

The old "six degrees of separation" certainly seems to ring true when you consider how many of us have some sort of link to "famous" people.

My husband has been on twitter for about 4 months and has 180 followers - does that make him famous??

Probably dear - I'm a little old to tell nowadays.

My late husband was a big hit with the ladies down at the Bridge club when we used to have charity day. Oh we used to have a right ol' knees up, what with the cheese sandwiches and the pumpkin scones.

Mind you, those were the days when the card tables were made of sturdier stuff, none of this flimsy plastic nonsense they have now. Sigh, I miss the golden years when Harold was alive....

Actually, now you've got me thinking, Harold's elder brother Reginald used to go out with a young slip of thing, what was her name, that's right, Beryl Simpson.....now she was famous !! Her best friend's uncle was none other than the cousin of the Queen's 3rd butler at Balmoral during the hunting season. Didn't she have some stories to tell.

I know Tony Windsor. :(. But I suppose that now he's a nobody that wouldn't qualify?

My next door neighbour is Tony Haggerty, Of exel coal and whitehaven coal, and worth a couple of hundred million and in the BRW top 200. I saw him once, but then, he wouldn't know me if he tripped over me, so I suppose that doesn't qualify either?

I played tackle footy on a beach with Alan Langer once, years before he was famous. But since he wasn't famous at the time, and would have no idea who I was now that wouldn't qualify either I'd reckon?

Na, can't say that I do really.

This is a good thread by the way.

See ya's.

When living in L.A we met Ed Marinaro's wife at the local park - her son was playing with my son.

We became good friends with them and hung out a fair bit; Ed and I played golf a number of times.

He was Sergeant Coffey in Hill st Blues, and also won the Heisman Trophy in the NFL; played for the Vikings.

I knew the blue wiggle before the wiggles was formed (they were still the cockroaches then) as he was going out with one of my friends. I suggested to him one day that he should change his band into a children's band as there was a open market there that noone had tapped into. About 6 months later the Wiggles appeared. Never saw him again to find out if what I said had any impact though.

Probably not in the realm of the uber famous, but my great uncle swam in the 1936 Berlin Olympics and picked up a gold medal inthe 1938 Empire games in Sydney.

Nice guys and probably taught half the family to swim, the old fashioned way, chuck you in the deep end and let you figure out how to come back. :eek:

I used to know Richard Morgan (Terry Sullivan from the Sullivans) We went to the same sunday school.

My son used to do some acting and had minor parts in a few movies, Neighbors and Blue Heelers. He used to know Delta rather well which gave him heaps of street cred at school.:cool:

The missus' grandfather was a CEO of a large Australian company.

One Christmas I was in his study grabbing the presents hidden from the little ones. when I noticed a photo with him and Bill Clinton and a small sticky note attached. Asked him about it, turns out he was at a dinner party which he ended up being seated next to ol' Bill. Both bored out of their brains with the whole affair, they snuck off to the bar to discuss the finer things in life. Bill sent the picture back a couple weeks later with the sticky note attached.

Can't for the life of me remember what the note said...

I used to go to the same school as Jane Austen back in the UK... does that count?

And I was at a bbq with Kate Winslet when I was in my early teens :D. I also know Lynne McGranger (who plays Irene on Home and Away) through a friend.

Other than that... minor celebs? Yiying Lu who designed the Twitter Fail Whale I interviewed for another mag a while back :)

Back