Know anyone famous?

I was at residential college at Melbourne University for several years with Steve Vizard. Although he's not famous any more so probably doesn't count. A brilliant guy.

I was at residential college at Melbourne University for several years with Steve Vizard. Although he's not famous any more so probably doesn't count. A brilliant guy.

I was in awe that he managed his Fast Forward commitments while still practicing as a barrister for all those years.

I was in awe that he managed his Fast Forward commitments while still practicing as a barrister for all those years.

I wasn't ever surprised by that. He won his scholarship to Melbourne Uni by cramming the night before the exams. I worked my backside off to get good marks- but not up to his. He was writing material at Uni- even before he started doing it for revues. (I can remember one he wrote about the college desserts- to the tune of "I've grown accustomed to her face"- "I've got a custard that's defaced".

He enjoyed singing by wasn't a good singer. He did not enjoy playin the trumpet but was a great player.

Like I said, a brilliant guy.

Looks like the answer to the OP's question is no.

Does it really matter though. It is interesting how many of us know personally, or via friends someone who is either "famous" or at least well known.

I find it interesting and I forgot my other "famous" link... My boss back in 1984 is Bernard Fanning's dad and my hubby went to uni with his older brother. We went to a fancy dress party at his house once, and I think he was probably the younger kid in his pajamas.

i worked in a bar with sam luderman from 'the voice' didn't watch the show though!

I went to high school with Nick Donaldson from the ABC's kid show 'Pirate Island' and lee zacharia from 'the bazura project' picked up on abc2

claims to fame my friends! :p

I know a lot of people who are regularly in the news, but I think to call them "famous" is a bit of a stretch (esspecially if you dont live in WA).

Rick Parish (founder of http://www.theadventurers.com.au/)
Tony Sage
Steve Zielinski
Peter Wilson (WA football player from the 90's)
Ben Cousins
Rick Charlesworth (olympic hockey player/coach)
Rick Stowe (Griffen Coal)
Shirley In'tveld (CEO Verve energy)

My brother knew Heath Ledger reasonably well, and is also good friends with Tim Minchin - who is probably the most naturally funny person I have ever met. One night over dinner he had about 10 of us in tears for about 30mins discussing the worst thing about being a comedian was that everyone expected you to be funny the whole time. He wasn't even meaning to be funny and went through the whole time with a perfectly straight face, while none of us could breath due to laughter.

Blacky

Back