Knowledge is Power

W

WebBoard

I'm at the Stage of increasing my Financial Intellect and the best way to do that is obviously through education and experience.

My main focus is on Purchasing that first Investment Property and how to go about it.

Any suggestions and/books u ppl would recommend as a way of Starting Out??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Matthew

I would "start with the end in mind". That is, dream a little first abt what you want to achieve through your investing.

Once you have done that, set abt identifying your goals and then put steps in place to make those dreams and goals a reality.

If you plan to retire on the income and capital from your investments, I recommend you consider a trust structure in which to hold those assets.

Good luck

Dale

Reply: 1.1

Matthew, for a basic outline of what happens when you purchase (boring contract stuff etc) hook up to the Real Estate Institute website in your state.

For info on median prices etc use Residex or Home Price Guide (again depends on which state you're in).

For inspirational reading material, anything by Jan Somers or Brett Johnson is a good starter. Do a search on Books and you will find numerous others recommended by the prolific readers of this forum.

Above all, enjoy yourself and happy hunting!
Cheers, Jacque :)

Back