Kogan TV

Hi guys,

Anyone know or even bought Kogan TV on here? Its much cheaper than your usual brands... made in China with LG and/or Samsung LCD panels...

GF bought a Kogan 26" LCD TV with built in DVD and USB around 4 months ago.
So far so good.

So I bought the Kogan 32" LCD TV with built in DVD. Going to receieve it some time next week.

It cost me just under $800 delivered.

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-1080p-pro-32-hd-lcd-tv-w-dvd-player-digital/

I know you usually get what you pay for, but there have been lots of customers claiming that they work great and have 12 months warranty.

My GF's TV is working fine and I did enjoy the quality of it.

I have a CRT Sony Trinitron 85 CM TV in my lounge room, so I know what quality TVs are like, but it will be intresting to see how this 32" turns out.

Its for my bedroom to watch movies.

I recently bought a tv for the bedroom too. It was a DSE combined HD telee with DVD player. The feature list was perfect for what i wanted it to do. It had:

- 22 inch widescreen
- HD tuner
- Full HD at 1080p
- built in multi region DVD player
- usb socket
- SD card etc socket
- etc

it read perfect for what we wanted it for. So i went to DSE to check out the picture quality and it looked great.

I laid out my 399 for it and thought i had a great deal.

Took it home, set it up and was happy. it had scanned all the channels, showed them on tele well. It played the DVDs from various regions (as i have DVDS from all over the world) and i was happy.

But one minor, little thing was missing and to me - this was a significant major flaw. IT HAD NO AUDIO OUT SIGNAL - NOT EVEN A HEADPHONE SOCKET!!!!!

So I was stuck with listening to Digital HD tele and the DVDs with the built in tinny speaker. I was gob smacked. How can such technology these days have no audio out signal?

To me this was a major flaw. So I took it back to the friendly folk at DSE and told them i wanted a refund. They asked why and i told them - ie it had no audio out signal and i actaully asked them why release such a product without such a major function.

the guy behind the cuonter told me that they did this to cut costs and to make the product cheaper. If this is true then it is a bad product design decision. A very bad one. Besides, in reality, how much would it really add to the product if they put in an audio out function off the main board?

Oh well. I got my readies back from DSE and am still looking for a good combined HD tele (with full HD) and built in DVD player for the bedroom.

G

Just got an 81 cm HD LCD tv for my bedroom aswell....

Brand called wait..... CHANGCHONG, seriously....

Paid $498 for it and included all brackets, along with DVD player built in, and 12 months warranty :)

Paid $498 for it and included all brackets, along with DVD player built in, and 12 months warranty :)

where did you buy that one? I'm still looking and my budget is under 500.

thanks

g

Hi Invest
Kogan is an aussie with Russian parents , he was featured in the sep/oct edition of wealth creator mag, so you would think the mag has done some back ground work on him , although Carlo Castellano is also there as well :confused:

stuart

The owner was also recently in the news as the first (or one of the first) Aussies to book a ticket on that Virgin Galactic flight

He's done very well for himself

Why didnt they just grab "Ching Chong"? :D

Anyway my Kogan TV seems to work fine, although sometimes the colours are either too bright or too dull but that may to do with the actual DVD...

I will do more testing this weekend.

Also I think you can tune the picture on LCD tvs so I will give that a go.

Apart from that I think Im impressed with it. :)

Back