kudos?

Rolf Latham said:
ha :O)

till GW pops in

ta
rolf
But he's the King of banter! All hail the king!!

But I WAS thinking much the same thing....

Cheers,
Michael.

PS Off to try and make some meaningful posts before I pack up my bongos and head home for the weekend.

see_change said:
Does that make him the Banterweight champion?

See Change
Now THAT sounds like one of Geoff's posts! :p

Oh, and my postcount is sub-900, that was Mark's I was referring to. But, that's still a hefty postcount for a little over a year. In fact, if you sort by number of posts, there's not a single person above me who joined after I did. You have to go all the way down to Sultan of Swing to get to the next poster in that queue who joined after I did and he's around the 600 post count odd I think. Not that I look at any of that stuff or anything, but your post started me thinking. :D

Now, if I added my 230 odd InvestEd posts and my 500 odd PI.com posts over the same period then my post count would be MUCH higher... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Michael.

Maybe I should change my custom title to "prolific poster" ;)

MichaelWhyte said:
Now, if I added my 230 odd InvestEd posts and my 500 odd PI.com posts over the same period then my post count would be MUCH higher... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Michael.

Maybe I should change my custom title to "prolific poster" ;)

Now if you'd done some of those Invested / PI posts here , I would have replied to them and you 'd have even more to reply to ...

See Change

MichaelWhyte said:
...In fact, if you sort by number of posts, there's not a single person above me who joined after I did. ...Not that I look at any of that stuff or anything, but your post started me thinking.
:D

Hiya,

Not that I look at these things too often either ;) but I have been around here for over 2 1/2 years now, and only Spann has more kudos for less posts. :rolleyes:

Currently at 0.18 posts per day, and 0.09 kudos points per day. Not bad :)

(Yes, I am aware that kudos has not been around for as long as I have.)

Cheers

James.

skater said:
Mine is 5.

The thing that is a problem with this system is that if a group of friends all with a high kudos power (and I'm not saying this would happen, just hypothetical folks) wanted to they could effectively have their own little kudos giving party. Making themselves seem quite important. Whereas, if you are affecting newbies without any kudos giving power, your kudos will stay the same.
I'd much rather have less power. Because I know that I give a lot of points (though I didn't realise just how many) I will vaery rarely give kudos.

I have once received three kudos ratings in one day from one person- and considering that between kudos points somebody has to also kudo a number of other people, and also considering that they were not especially good posts, I would suspect kudos fishing.

geoffw said:
I'd much rather have less power. Because I know that I give a lot of points (though I didn't realise just how many) I will vaery rarely give kudos.

I have once received three kudos ratings in one day from one person- and considering that between kudos points somebody has to also kudo a number of other people, and also considering that they were not especially good posts, I would suspect kudos fishing.

Geoff. Hadn't heard of that happening before . I know one person has been mentioned as fishing for kudos , but todate they havn't tried my way , alas ....

Three in one day , they must have been a busy boy... or girl

See Change

MichaelWhyte said:
In fact, if you sort by number of posts, there's not a single person above me who joined after I did. You have to go all the way down to Sultan of Swing to get to the next poster in that queue who joined after I did and he's around the 600 post count odd I think.

Ahhhh, and that's because I don't partake in meaningless banter...... much :p

MichaelWhyte said:
Yeah, and he didn't give me any back either! ;) :p
That's probably because you weren't even in the forum when that happened.

I kept on getting this kudos from "MichaelWhyteWhoIsNotEvenInTheForumYet"

geoffw said:
That's what I mean. If your kudos power was the same as everyone else, then you could freely give it out to all posts you considered deserving of kudos.

When I checked my user lookup I discovered that I had been given kudos by quite a few newbies, but because they don't have any kudos power, then it doesn't increase the amount of kudos that I have (now don't get me wrong, as the real reward is with the comments that were made), but I don't see why a newbie shouldn't be able to reward someone in the same manner as an established member of the forum.

Because you have the most power I would presume you would then be the target of any kudos fishing trips.:eek: Ain't power grand.

Back