kudos?

see_change said:
Thinking about it , that just rewards people who are prolific rather than well thought off.
Hmm... does that mean you are well thought off :D? Or only well thought of?)
see_change said:
So it's better to do lots of meaningless short posts rather than longer thoughtfull ones...
I do lots of short posts. I'm sorry about that. But there's not too many posts I make which I don't think add something to somebody in some way. More often than not, it's lighthearted. There's a place for that, and I have had enough positive reactions to that sort of response to make me continue in the same way.

Every single person who posts in this forum adds value in some way. It's become a very valuable resource. It's a place where people with similar aspirations like to come. Even if the opinions differ (ESPECIALLY where they differ, it's a great place to learn.

It would be nice if vBulletin could list/rank posts by the amount of kudos they've received. It might be a better way of finding good posts than the existing star system for threads.

keithj said:
It would be nice if vBulletin could list/rank posts by the amount of kudos they've received. It might be a better way of finding good posts than the existing star system for threads.

Good idea , keith .

I know there are some good posts which slip through to the keeper , which Im sure lots of people miss becasue they don't hang around for long.

See Change

keithj said:

Agreed. It would be more objective to grant stars based on kudos...saves a bit of double processing IMHO.....

BTW KeithJ, am enjoying your posts. Thought you were a reasonably new member cos I didn't see a lot of you in the past, but noted you have been a member since 2002...

thefirstbruce said:
Agreed. It would be more objective to grant stars based on kudos...saves a bit of double processing IMHO.....

BTW KeithJ, am enjoying your posts. Thought you were a reasonably new member cos I didn't see a lot of you in the past, but noted you have been a member since 2002...
Hi tfb,

I was actually a member of the previous forum (in the days of TW, MC, GCC, Boyler Room, asy). My claim to fame was being the first to mention realestate.com.au in the chat room back in early 2001.

KJ

interesting.....loved the rea concept when I first came across it and saw the upside. Made some money with their shares a few years back....would love to have access to their database. you could plot booms and bear markets in time and location before anyone else.....

Back