Kurri Kurri, Weston, Abemain etc

Would anyone care to give their thoughts on this row of towns in the Hunter? Many changes up that way now so some local knowledge or experience would be good. Thanks :)

Have you looked further up towards Maitland, Singleton, Muswellbrook? Massive downturn up there at the moment so it's actually a good time to buy.

Rents have dropped significantly - such as previously $450 now getting $350/wk ... however ... prices have come down also.

The usual gamble - when will the local economy recover? Kurri is a little lost with no major employer now that the aluminium smelter has closed down, with the other two towns you mentioned on the outskirts of Kurri.

Don't see HEZ every coming to real fruition. It's been the holy grail for 10+ years but still floundering ... and ... in hindsight is way out on the wrong side of town for the new highway linkup.

There has really been no growth in the area in the last 10 years ... went thru a bit of a boom early noughties, but it was coming off a very low (sub $100k) base.

Rents have dropped significantly - such as previously $450 now getting $350/wk ... however ... prices have come down also.

The usual gamble - when will the local economy recover? Kurri is a little lost with no major employer now that the aluminium smelter has closed down, with the other two towns you mentioned on the outskirts of Kurri.

Don't see HEZ every coming to real fruition. It's been the holy grail for 10+ years but still floundering ... and ... in hindsight is way out on the wrong side of town for the new highway linkup.

There has really been no growth in the area in the last 10 years ... went thru a bit of a boom early noughties, but it was coming off a very low (sub $100k) base.

Thanks Lizzy, Those rents were good and must be missed. What areas do you think will benefit from the freeway? And... what's a NEZ ?

Thanks Nat, Singleton, Muswellbrook bit far out and too mining dependent for me. Maitland, still working on that way, what about Rutherford. I mis-spend some of my youth at the airport.

Back