labor to lead the next great depression?

yep there back, i was so disheartened , i can now only wonder what weird and wonderfull failure they will think up next, sickening stuff??? Boo Hoo!:(

i look forward to them borrowing lots of money for infrastructure then taxing the bejeezus out of us to pay for the interest.

then we'll have a labour tightening market and prices will skyrocket, along with IRs.

yay for labor, they make us labour.

already they want to spend a few billion dollers on the out back ? sheesh! its not like they are actually earning this money , over spending the credit card already, i wonder IS THIS A GIRL THING, just joking!:rolleyes:

already they want to spend a few billion dollers on the out back ? sheesh! its not like they are actually earning this money , over spending the credit card already, i wonder IS THIS A GIRL THING, just joking!:rolleyes:

Get a grip!

Without outback industries you city slickers would be driving on dirt roads like we do...

The mining sector communities deserve way better along with other rural communities that contribute hugely to the Australian economy..

Its about time we received our slice of the pie instead of being left high and dry by successive Govts Labor or Libs for the past 50 years.

Gotta say I'm sick to death of missing out on what city people get with regards to basic infrastructure............

Stop complaining and give us our fair wack please!

We don't ask for much but we deserve a decent share which is currently not happening.

I'm happy to see Labor back in to give Gillard a go...I think she has a lot to offer..... and the independents making Govt really accountable is a bonus...how long it will last is an unknown.

Stop complaining and give us our fair wack please!

doesn't even have to be outback ... we're in the 2nd biggest city in nsw - 8th biggest in australia - and still barely receive a crumb compared to sydney's whole loaf.

that's what you get when you're a rusted on labor town (never voted labor in my life!)

doesn't even have to be outback ... we're in the 2nd biggest city in nsw - 8th biggest in australia - and still barely receive a crumb compared to sydney's whole loaf.

that's what you get when you're a rusted on labor town (never voted labor in my life!)

Darn right. no-one from Newcastle should vote Labor, even if you want Labor in government, cause you sure as heck don't want them the way they are in Newi.

well - the cracks are showing already.

windsor is getting his back up about the 30% mining tax that swan in now drafting up ready to shove thru and refuses to discuss further.

swan's prob is that he needs every one of those on "labors' side" to vote for it otherwise won't get thru the lower house.

Much prefer labor to libs! Tony Abbott is an absolute goose....remember labor has done a reasonable job of keeping the economy afloat...who cares if they overspent a bit as we can afford it as we have virtually no public debt! Other OECD nations have 70%-100% of GDP in public debt...we are less than 15% and it is likely we will have it down to nothing by 2013. Spend it on much needed rail infrastructure in Sydney!

I don't care who is in government as they are pretty much the same.

Some of the things I would like labor to do is:

1. Keep immigration levels high....forget the "bogan" vote.....without the skills and money coming with these people the property market is dead

2. Pull out of Afganistan...there is no way this can be won. Put the money into Australian hospitals.

3. Don't overspend on border protection....it is big misnomer that tens of thousands of illegal immigrants come via boats. Save the $1b and put it into controlling the overstayers who come on plans....about 60,000 people overstayed....and about 3000 people came on boats. Stop the war in Afganistan and the numbers will drop.

Ok...rant over....;)

yep there back, i was so disheartened , i can now only wonder what weird and wonderfull failure they will think up next, sickening stuff??? Boo Hoo!:(

I was thinking tonight that Conroy has his wish.

Every proposal will have to be filtered through a motley crew of malcontents before it gets a run. It will be as annoying to him as his proposal would be to us. :D

The greens will not pass the 30% resource tax either.

The only thing that will depress me is having to listen to all the bitter dummy spitting and scapegoating from the conservatives, right up until the next election.

The main reason I visit here so infrequently since the last election.

Cheers,
Beef.

Much prefer labor to libs! Tony Abbott is an absolute goose....remember labor has done a reasonable job of keeping the economy afloat...who cares if they overspent a bit as we can afford it as we have virtually no public debt! Other OECD nations have 70%-100% of GDP in public debt...we are less than 15% and it is likely we will have it down to nothing by 2013. Spend it on much needed rail infrastructure in Sydney!

I don't care who is in government as they are pretty much the same.

Some of the things I would like labor to do is:

1. Keep immigration levels high....forget the "bogan" vote.....without the skills and money coming with these people the property market is dead

2. Pull out of Afganistan...there is no way this can be won. Put the money into Australian hospitals.

3. Don't overspend on border protection....it is big misnomer that tens of thousands of illegal immigrants come via boats. Save the $1b and put it into controlling the overstayers who come on plans....about 60,000 people overstayed....and about 3000 people came on boats. Stop the war in Afganistan and the numbers will drop.

Ok...rant over....;)

"we will have it down to nothing by 2013"

Was listening on talk back today, they was saying since their is a massive hole in what they estimated to recieve from the mining tax (they said they was going to get 10bn, figures are now shown as 2bn) and now labor have commited to more boozy spending probably looking @ 2020 before repaid.

Do you really believe it was labor kept the economy afloat?

"Tony Abbott is an absolute goose"

Why?

....remember labor has done a reasonable job of keeping the economy afloat...

About the only thing they did that was really needed was drop the interest rates, which skyrocketed under them anyway. Rates should never have gone above 7.5%.

The rest of it was just spending money (which was a legacy from previous governments) which had little long lasting effect. Australia avoided the GFC because of policies put in place by previous governments and close economic ties with Asia (which didn't have a GFC either).

I think we'll see very little legislation being introduced, but what does get through will be so watered down via comprimise that the original intention will be lost, or sacrifices will be made which will only increase costs to the consumer.

I don't give a stuff,they will be very carefull this time around but the money has to come from somewhere the first one will be a 40% Tax
on the Miners the Greens have about as much power as a dirty nappy,tax the prop,i'm sure labors dropkicks have several ways for everyone to pay more tax,because they are going to have to because all they know is spend"OPM%" ..willair..

Last edited:
Back