Ladies over 35, would this offend you?

Ladies, what would be your reaction

• I don't know what it means

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I would be mortified

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I'd give him a clip around the ears for being fresh & it would end there

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • It's a compliment. I'd be secretly thrilled.

Votes: 31 63.3%

• Total voters
Someone that I know was recently called a MILF by a male. She didn't know what it meant, but when she found out, she was totally mortified. So much so, that she took the meaning literally and thought that she was being asked in a crude manner for something that she was certainly not prepared to do.

Now, these are two people that I deal with and there is now a great amount of tension. My take on it was that he was trying to say, (in a very clumsy & stupid way) that she was merely an attractive older woman. He tried to tell her it was a compliment, but that went down like a lead balloon.

If it were me, I would have probably just ignored it & given it the contempt it deserves.

Ladies, how would you have reacted.

Tell her to have a cry about it.

She certainly has. And we've all heard about it many times. The thing is, that I have learnt that if you have to deal with someone, you're best not to react to things that upset you.

There's been a big reaction & now they seem to be playing 'tit for tat' in ways to hurt each other. It's not pretty.

I would not have found it insulting, I would have just brushed it off and thought no more of it. I wouldn't let it damage the relation between me and the other person who said it either.

To come to think of it, I probably would not take it literally even take it as a compliment. I'd try to turn it into a joke so there wouldn't be any awkwardness between us.

In general I wouldn't take it as an insult.Brush it off and make a joke.

It's like most things..one person can say something to you, and it's ok, but if another person, who is a jerk said it, you'd want to smash his teeth in.

I was once told by some guys at work that I was a class 1 scrubber {apparently there are boilers too which is what I'm probably now}and after they saw my face tried fixing things by saying it was better than a class 3 chickybabe :eek:.

No I would not take offence if said in a fun, but I would think it inappropriate and bogan and it would not create the greatest of impressions.

If it was a jerk trying to intentionally offend or embarrass I'd tell him where to go.

I'm a woman but under 35 so I didn't qualify for the poll :D

Personally, I find the term crude and tacky and would lose a sprinkling of respect for someone who used it whether they were discussing me or any other woman.

I wouldn't be insulted or offended.

To me, hearing a friend use the term is like finding out that a friend's favourite book is Fifty Shades of Grey or that they voted for the Palmer United Party - nothing to be insulted about but definitely diminishes my opinion of them.

I know, I'm petty :eek:

It's an attempt by a male to compliment a female. In the female context it's obviously seen as insulting. From a male perspective, it's supposed to be a positive.

If the person who called her a MILF seriously thought it, she should feel complimented. Although it's a very bogan term, and one I have not ever heard used by someone over the age of about 23, it does imply that she is a most appealing looking woman despite her 'older' years.

Unless it was a workplace environment (where I believe that comments of such nature are totally unacceptable) I'd be thrilled (and voted as such) :D.

"I dont know what it means"..........LOL

Once again there's always someone upset by something, which is of course why its not probably the smartest thing to say, lest you dont happen to be talking to those that "are secretly thrilled"........:rolleyes:

Pity help the poor guy if he'd called her a cougar......:eek:

(5 Cougars thanks.....!!)

ciao

Nor

It doesn't mean that he wants to actually put his penis inside of her! He was likely insinuating that she's a good sort! I would take it as a compliment if I was a female and over 35.

Back