Lance Armstrong

Wow, what a champion! A record 6th tour de France after having incredibly rampant testicular cancer and nearly dying. Inspiring stuff.
I've read both his biographies, and I'd recommend them. :)

Lissy, the guy is nothing short of amazing in what he has done.

I read his first book around three years ago - how does his second one compare?

wombat

The second one is a continuation. Perhaps not as "inspiring" as his fight against cancer, but then again it gave a deeper insight into his mental toughness and grit, so was just as interesting.
I enjoyed them both for different reasons.

Yeah, fo shizzle. The dude is awesome. I watch the Tour De France, although I'm not much of a cycling fan. Just watching Lance Armstrong achieve against all the odds is just amazing to watch. I know I'll be adding those biographies to my library.

On an American chat site last night I asked if he was the toast of the nation. Seems no. Most yanks don't seem to know of him.

I think I asked the same Q last year too. Much the same when Rayner and Lawson were dicing with Gardner and Doohan on their motor bikes. Now if those bikes used big block Chevy V8s it would be difrnt!

Thommo

This thread was over a year ago- and he's repeated his win of the event.

Now he's even considering returning next year

Although now there's a cloud hanging over him. There's suspicion that he used banned substances to help him achieve his win in 1999.

The truth has now come out. In fact, Lance Armstrong was found to have been carrying soap, toothpaste and deodorant- all of which have been banned in France for 75 years.

Lissy said:
Wow, what a champion! A record 6th tour de France after having incredibly rampant testicular cancer and nearly dying. Inspiring stuff.
I've read both his biographies, and I'd recommend them. :)
I remember the quote from an Aussie politician- I can't rememeber which one- who is a survivor of testicular cancer. He said in and interview- "you only need one ball to play football".

Back