Land component value

I own a unit (as PPOR). How do I work out the land component value of it? Is this something I need to talk to the Strata Manager about?

Regards,

Jason

I am trying to do a determination on whether or not to keep the place when we buy a new PPOR next year.

When I bought it 5 years ago I didn't structure the loans correctly (no offset) so keeping it in an efficient manner requires some complicated structure changes. Am trying to determine if it is worthwhile, or if I should cut my losses and sell my current place .. and then buy a replacement IP after getting the PPOR.

Regards,

Jason

I am trying to do a determination on whether or not to keep the place when we buy a new PPOR next year.

Jason, knowing the land component will not help you with that determination. Recently, units outgrew CG-wise, houses on land, for the first time.

Unless your unit is in the very expensive parts of the Eastern suburbs or Mosman etc, then the land component is likely to be small as a % of the overall price.

Find out from the BC the value of the land from the Valuer General. Divide this by the number of units.

This will give you a VERY rough figure.

But, as already said, I can't see what possible bearing this can have on a decision to hold or sell. It's not as if you can go and sell your part of the land.

Marg

Back