Land Leasing for Granny Flat

Not under SEPP. Under section 68 Manufactured Building (or something like that).

I did one.

Yes but not many Council's allow manufactured/portable/transportable dwellings, even under Section-68. Section-68 is NOT SEPP compliant development anyway. It's a separate development type under the LGA.

Let me guess, the Council that allowed you to drop a Portable structure - was it Blacktown City Council? I'll bet you $100 it was.

Just try it in Vaucluse or Ryde or Hornsby and see what happens. They won't allow a flimsy caravan-park type structure in an affluent suburb. Won't be approved. I know because I've tried.

Brazen.

From a legal point of view, this sort of arrangement would be like a legal house of horrors. About a million legal things that could go wrong with no easy legal solution. I wouldn't touch it.

That's even apart the issue of whether the GF build would comply with planning rules.

Yes but not many Council's allow manufactured/portable/transportable dwellings, even under Section-68. Section-68 is NOT SEPP compliant development anyway. It's a separate development type under the LGA.

Let me guess, the Council that allowed you to drop a Portable structure - was it Blacktown City Council? I'll bet you $100 it was.

Just try it in Vaucluse or Ryde or Hornsby and see what happens. They won't allow a flimsy caravan-park type structure in an affluent suburb. Won't be approved. I know because I've tried.

Brazen.

Then you would owe me $100. Close though. Kudos.

I can't imagine Eastern Suburbs would accept that.

But I wouldn't build that in the Eastern Suburbs.

All good Navid,

I'm sure you'll agree that the important thing is to be sure the specific Council will approve such a structure (transportable/modular etc) under S68, before you commit to a purchase. Transportable and Portables are definitely a viable and perfectly suitable solution for some developers.

Cheers,

Brazen.

Back