Land tax assessment in Co

Was wondering how land tax is assessed for properties held in a trustee company operating for a trust. Is the company assessed as a seperate entity to the individual directors of the company? Does the company have a tax free threshold?

For example myself as sole director of company which holds a property in NSW. Would I be assessable for land tax for properties held in my own name plus the land held in a company all lumped together? Or would I be assessed as an individual first with an individual threshold and second as a company with the company threshold (if any)? Assuming all properties are in NSW.

Many thanks

Was wondering how land tax is assessed for properties held in a trustee company operating for a trust. Is the company assessed as a seperate entity to the individual directors of the company? Does the company have a tax free threshold?

For example myself as sole director of company which holds a property in NSW. Would I be assessable for land tax for properties held in my own name plus the land held in a company all lumped together? Or would I be assessed as an individual first with an individual threshold and second as a company with the company threshold (if any)? Assuming all properties are in NSW.

Many thanks

Trusts generally have no tax free threshold in NSW.

Ok, thanks Terry much appreciated. In my case it would be a discretionary trust. Just out of interest would it be treated differently if it was a unit trust?

Ok, thanks Terry much appreciated. In my case it would be a discretionary trust. Just out of interest would it be treated differently if it was a unit trust?

If it was a fixed unit trust the unit holders are considered owners and can get the threshold - $406k per individual unit holder.

Back