Landbanking Perth @ 50% Discount

I was lookin through some of the previous sales figures for properties with auction results this last weekend in Sydney:

1/3 ELIZABETH ST, ARTARMON. Sold $495k in '07, $612k today.
201/222 WYNDHAM ST, ALEXANDRIA. Sold $435k in '09, $520k today.
7/21 TRAFALGAR ST, BRIGHTON-LE-SANDS. Sold $313k in '02, $455k today.

These were just the first few I searched (that came up with recorded previous sale), no doubt there are properties in the list that performed better or worse.

When you say "double your money" are you talking about putting down a 10-20% deposit and doubling that or current prices doubling?

Fair enough , should have been more specific.

I was saying this from the perspective of investing 100 k in the market as a deposit for an ip .

Cliff

My planning to build house on this land after 5 yrs. and planning to move perth so i am looking this property....

do u think so it worth to buy ?

ip in sydney ? can you send link for this i have a look ...

Hi jbeena

I don't know the Perth market so not in a position to say .

I've never gone down the path of recommending particular properties ( except on one occasion when I posted a links on properties in an area ( north arm cove ) which was an area where we've just bought a weekender , and that was more of general interest for people who may not of heard of the area. Those where definitely not as investment .

The only IP's in sydney that I think are worthwhile are on my list of properties to look at . Waiting for finance to be approved.

Cliff

Safe means can i trust devloper and do investment ...
i know about risk and all factor if u need money double after 5 yrs.

I just want to know is anyone already inquire about this developer and its ok to investment...

Do i hire property solicitor to check property before buy ?
If yes who is good property solicitor in perth ....

Although there have been members who have enquired and one who has invested that doesn't mean that it is safe or trustworthy - merely that the deal suited their requirements and risk profile.
You would need to do your own due diligence and work out if the area is where you want to live, that the developer and development is sound and that the deal will work for you.
For example - I don't know whether or not it is possible to borrow money for such a deal so if you need a mortgage for this then it might rule it out immediately.

It would be prudent to have the contract and/or deal vetted by a Solicitor. The only one I have used is Devita and Dixon Lawyers.

Note: I have done no due diligence on this deal myself except some basic reading.

I went to a presentation in Perth on this project last year. Craig Turnbull was spruiking the development. He was active in Perth for many years before taking a bit of time off I gather.

A search of the forum will bring up lots of info on what he has been involved in before.

I just want to know is anyone already inquire about this developer and its ok to investment...

Do i hire property solicitor to check property before buy ?
If yes who is good property solicitor in perth ....

Knowing Rixter

He's certainly done his DD

Regarding return of capital.

> What is the likelihood of a successful application? This might be a very difficult question to answer and could involve high level planning and council knowledge? Presumably it's less than 100% just going off the discount to potential end value.

> Liquidity and exits, is there a market to exit after X years? Is there potential for the time frame to be extended, 5 years into 7 and so on? What happens to the value of the combined block of land when/if a development application is declined?

> Counter party risk, who has your money for these years and what are they doing with it? What check and balances exist and what happens on/if bankruptcy?

That would be a starting list.

Also these questions could well and truly be answered (Prospectus?) and the deal could be an excellent one, just that all I see so far from the thread is a clearly defined value for a finished block of land and no coverage of the potential risks.

Knowing Rixter

He's certainly done his DD

I don't always agree with every thing Rixter does , but he is very thorough with what he does , however his aim with this may be different to you, and I'd expect its money he could afford to loose if it doesn't come off.

Is that correct Rix ?

Cliff

Also these questions could well and truly be answered (Prospectus?) and the deal could be an excellent one, just that all I see so far from the thread is a clearly defined value for a finished block of land and no coverage of the potential risks.

I don't always agree with every thing Rixter does , but he is very thorough with what he does , however his aim with this may be different to you, and I'd expect its money he could afford to loose if it doesn't come off.

Is that correct Rix ?

Cliff

Correct Andrew & Cliff - one needs to collect all the prospectus information, carry out the appropriate DD and then make a decision all based around ones personal risk profile.

My planning to build house on this land after 5 yrs. and planning to move perth so i am looking this property....

do u think so it worth to buy ?

ip in sydney ? can you send link for this i have a look ...

IP in Sydney, have a look at various threads, posts on West Syd, formite - Skater....

is it ok to invest for discount deal ?

Jbeena - we are not going to tell you if it is ok or not for your own circumstances. You need to contact the company running the deal, look at all the information and decide (with or without professional assistance) if it is right for you.

Back