Landbanking Perth @ 50% Discount

thanks

Thanks a lot...
i just want to know do u know any profession assistance that can help me to find out more details...
look i contact so many time to company who run this deal and also i also manage money to invest so i am look for some expertise advise...

Jbeena - we are not going to tell you if it is ok or not for your own circumstances. You need to contact the company running the deal, look at all the information and decide (with or without professional assistance) if it is right for you.

Hi Jbeena

I think the same thing applies here as to us giving you advice as to whether it's ok to invest here at all.

I'd guess most of the people on the forum who would invest in this successfully would be doing the DD themselves and they've gained the knowledge to be able to do that by building up the experience over time . Rixter is a good example . He's built up his own fairly well documented systematic approach to investing which works for him but I wouldn't follow .

I'm opportunistic . I work on the premise that I don't know what's going to happen or when but I have expectations on what will happen. I watch what is going on and then act according. Sometimes I'm wrong with my expectations so I adjust.

I listen to experts but I never act unless I full understand the risks myself. I have an accountant I go to for strategic advice when I need it , but I run all of that past the same conservative suburban accountant who I've used for the last 30 years

I've been an active member here since 2001 and I know of many examples of members here ( including several high profile well regarded members ) and people out side the forum who have made bad very expensive decisions . At the moment every one of those examples revolved around someone following the advice of some " Expert " , individual or company. Some of these have played out to a degree on this forum , but the individuals involved usually don't talk about the extent of the losses etc.

If someone came out with an opinion on what you should do or who you should talk to DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.

When you can work it out for your self , do it. Until then don't.

Cliff

thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for your advise...

This is my first property investment thats why bit scared and also looking opinion from others...

:confused:

Hi Jbeena

I think the same thing applies here as to us giving you advice as to whether it's ok to invest here at all.

I'd guess most of the people on the forum who would invest in this successfully would be doing the DD themselves and they've gained the knowledge to be able to do that by building up the experience over time . Rixter is a good example . He's built up his own fairly well documented systematic approach to investing which works for him but I wouldn't follow .

I'm opportunistic . I work on the premise that I don't know what's going to happen or when but I have expectations on what will happen. I watch what is going on and then act according. Sometimes I'm wrong with my expectations so I adjust.

I listen to experts but I never act unless I full understand the risks myself. I have an accountant I go to for strategic advice when I need it , but I run all of that past the same conservative suburban accountant who I've used for the last 30 years

I've been an active member here since 2001 and I know of many examples of members here ( including several high profile well regarded members ) and people out side the forum who have made bad very expensive decisions . At the moment every one of those examples revolved around someone following the advice of some " Expert " , individual or company. Some of these have played out to a degree on this forum , but the individuals involved usually don't talk about the extent of the losses etc.

If someone came out with an opinion on what you should do or who you should talk to DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.

When you can work it out for your self , do it. Until then don't.

Cliff

Honestly this sort of investment is not for someone who is new to the game, the risks are too high and analysing whether or not it suits you requires skills that you simply do not have at the moment.

I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Looking to buy

i am looking to buy such kind of developer discount deal ....

I already manage $110k cash /Fund for investing... if you know any such kind of deal with less risk in perth...can you please let me know ?

i am looking to buy such kind of developer discount deal ....

I already manage $110k cash /Fund for investing... if you know any such kind of deal with less risk in perth...can you please let me know ?

I think you will be pushing to find land at 50% discount anywhere.

Have you researched what land is available in Perth, its one thing wanting 50% discount but I would be more concerned about the potential of the area.

Another option -

Why not buy in an area in Perth close to the city, infrastructure in place, which is earmarked for rezoning, perhaps for $400,000, very low risk, its an absolute no brainer.

When zoning comes in then you have more possibilities, build 2/3 new properties depending on land size etc. You will also have an income which will possibly cover almost all the mortgage.

thanks

Do u have any idea about any 50% discount deal ? couldn't found anywhere ?

which area you recommended to invest close to city ?

I think you will be pushing to find land at 50% discount anywhere.

Have you researched what land is available in Perth, its one thing wanting 50% discount but I would be more concerned about the potential of the area.

Another option -

Why not buy in an area in Perth close to the city, infrastructure in place, which is earmarked for rezoning, perhaps for $400,000, very low risk, its an absolute no brainer.

When zoning comes in then you have more possibilities, build 2/3 new properties depending on land size etc. You will also have an income which will possibly cover almost all the mortgage.

Do u have any idea about any 50% discount deal ? ?

you have asked this question in nearly every single one of your posts on this forum.

you have to do your own research and all the info people are willing to give has already been given as this is a high risk investment.

Do u have any idea about any 50% discount deal ? couldn't found anywhere ?

which area you recommended to invest close to city ?
The 50% discount is really a smoke and mirrors figure anyway, using Kent's IRR of 12.5% over a 5 year time frame should allow you to wear different glasses when viewing returns. Stay calm and keep reading and learning and asking lots of questions! Shouldn't be any need to rush!? Good luck with your journey :)

If land is available at a 50% discount, and it hasn't sold by the time people start discussing it on internet forums, then you really should...

...oops.. sorry, gotta go, I've just got to call my broker and buy that small gold mining stock the taxi driver just told me about...

Just a thought..

Hi Jake , Atrill

I know you're only blowing smoke , but the rest of us are trying to give jbeena a reality check and stop him / her from buying an investment that is not for them , and also trying to give them realistic expectations.

I think that is what we are all trying to do, in our own way.

Just my take on it. Any adult is free to make their own decisions and I think this thread has just about run its course...

you have asked this question in nearly every single one of your posts on this forum.

you have to do your own research and all the info people are willing to give has already been given as this is a high risk investment.

What Sanj said

Even Rick who is invested has said

Rixter said:
Correct Andrew & Cliff - one needs to collect all the prospectus information, carry out the appropriate DD and then make a decision all based around ones personal risk profile.

There is no safety, only varying degrees of risk ;)

Hi Jake , Atrill

I know you're only blowing smoke , but the rest of us are trying to give jbeena a reality check and stop him / her from buying an investment that is not for them , and also trying to give them realistic expectations.

Dude, there's only 3 left!

I'm sorry.

Hi Rixter
Any updates with regards to this??

I have spent the morning looking at developments sites everywhere, one thing is for certain, very, very difficult to source land at the moment in Perth.

I see there is lots of activity in Southern River area, if this goes ahead you will do very well. With scarcity of land at the moment I can only see prices continuing to rise.

Developers now competing with buyers who are land banking and not too interested in the end value of the product, this does not help me.

Cheers
MTR:)

Hi RixterAny updates with regards to this??

Funny you ask...I just received an email update from the developer last week.

States in 2014 he continues to work on bringing Southbank Estate in Southern River W.A to subdivision stage.

Time frame for when we (ATF our SMSF) became involved was a 3-5 year. This was coming up 2 years ago.

Since opting in, we have noticed some really nice capital gains (150% oo purchase price) for comparative land sales in adjacent estates building up to where the Southbank Estate parcel of land is located.

Development looks to be progressing on track.

Last edited:
Back