Landbanking Perth @ 50% Discount

Funny you ask...I just received an email update from the developer last week.

States in 2014 he continues to work on bringing Southbank Estate in Southern River W.A to subdivision stage.

Time frame for when we (ATF our SMSF) became involved was a 3-5 year. This was coming up 2 years ago.

Since opting in, we have noticed some really nice capital gains (150% oo purchase price) for comparative land sales in adjacent estates building up to where the Southbank Estate parcel of land is located.

Development looks to be progressing on track.

Great.
I have not been watching this area, however I happened to come across it today in my many searches and I think blocks are over $300K, as I mentioned land has gone ballistic, good work:)

Could do a nice build on this, I also expect rent would be pretty good on new product

WD Rixter,I'd like to see a superfund with that outcome in time frame without the SMSF,Ha.

I think i'm getting like 3k per annum,i'm somewhat depressed---Nah not really,depressed that is.

Good stuff.

Last developer update I received a couple months ago, states its progressing steadily through the usual red tap bureaucracy of government departments.

Comparative market values increasing nicely as the neighboring urban sprawl is now adjacent to the development area.

I estimated I've got at least a 150% min return since I got on board in 2102.

The developer is raising capital now as a part of the next phase which will clear the land title and get it ready for major development funding.

The opportunity is to invest your money for up to a two year period and earn a guaranteed 15% return.

My thoughts... not good news, developer in total control, as they are holding your money tied up for I think 2 years, even if values have gone up there are just no guarantees it will go ahead. Opportunities lost, where money could be used in markets that are rising.

The developer is raising capital now as a part of the next phase which will clear the land title and get it ready for major development funding.

The opportunity is to invest your money for up to a two year period and earn a guaranteed 15% return.

They offered a guaranteed return? Backed by who?

A bit odd that they sold lots of blocks for cash upfront and still need to raise capital, even taking into account the 50% discount

My thoughts... not good news, developer in total control, as they are holding your money tied up for I think 2 years, even if values have gone up there are just no guarantees it will go ahead. Opportunities lost, where money could be used in markets that are rising.

There is no guarrantee's on anything in life... as is the case with all opportunities it's up to each individual to conduct their own DD of it and then make a decision based upon it on whats being presented.

Until that appropriate action been taken, its all assumptions without the specific details at hand.

I agree Rixter, but I would be bloody ticked off if they were holding my money.

Hopefully they move forward with this development so then at least you have the option to build or sell

Mtr:)

Back