Landgate Delays

Hey all,

Is anyone else in W.A. seeing delays with landgate?

Settled on a property four weeks ago and two weeks ago l logged an application to increase/split my loan.

Its been conditionally approved with the only condition being the property being registered in my name at landgate which is still pending.

I've called landgate and they said it's at 'level' 4 which can take another 3 weeks. They are sending me forms which need filling out so I can get it escalated.

The website show much lower waiting times

http://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf/web/Turnaround+Times

Landgate was formally the Department of Land Information (DLI). Government departments from what I understand are no longer the domain of people looking for a cushy well paid "for life" job. They are understaffed and with that goes long wait times for anything.

May be worth considering the assistance of a switched on settlement agent to assist with the paperwork and processing to speed things up. Thats been my experience when my clients need to deal with them.

So yep they are backlogged by two months in the "complex dealings" part of landgate.

I got told another 3 weeks today. Can not push it through unless I have a legitimate reason like hardship.

I lodged a complaint through there online complaint form.

So I will see how long it takes to get a reply and if anything can be done about it.

I was hoping not to dip into cash for deposits in case any deals came up around christmas but time will tell.

Back