Landlord electricity connection fee?

I have an investment property in Melbourne where smart meters have been installed.

Tenants have moved out and the electricity has been disconnected.

I need the power for a very short time (say 10 days) to complete some cleaning work and show tenants through the property.

I called one electricity retailer and the fee is $45 to get the electricity connected in my name. Does that sound right to people? Before smart meters were installed I never paid anything to use the power for a short period when locating new tenants.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks but i need the lights working.

I have discovered that there is also usually a disconnection fee of $45 - highway robbery as it is all done remotely with smart meters.

Anyway - I just found on google "Click energy" - they claim not to charge connection or disconnection fees.

Just signed up online. Hopefully that goes well and helps a landlord in the same position as me.

highway robbery as it is all done remotely with smart meters.

Hi rprodrive,

There are some retailers that can't at this stage remotely disconnect/reconnect.

The retailers that do,does not always compute.Leaving a main switch on will come up as load on meter and there is ongoing system problems,hence someone has to go out and manually connect/disconnect.

Very smart aren't they:rolleyes:

Cheers Spades.

Back