Landlord experience - in Tenant years

What is your landlord experience- in tenant years?

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 4-9

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 10-19

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • 20-29

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • 30-39

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • 40-49

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • 50-99

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • 100-199

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 200-399

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 400-599

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 600+

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
This deserves a new thread as it's a very interesting subject.

Coming into the living off income scenario is the fact that when you reach this stage of having earned enough assets of one kind or another you are probably a pretty valuable person to some part of the marketplace, hence earning $0 would be quite an achievement in a year. Which raises the scenario of working when you want for how long you want and earning a pretty good income as well, which makes those end goals so much closer.

So.. It doesn't need to me target income = 100k net p/a @ 5% net income = 2M clear in assets, but something more modest. Perhaps 50k flexible income from a job you enjoy doing for parts of the year and half the asset base = a far better outcome happiness wise than the idea of winning 2M in lotto to solve all your problems.

Hi Andrew,

But I would like total freedom so I would choose to help (work for free) with the organisations of my choice which I do on a part-time basis at the moment anyway.
To me freedom is to have that choice.
You see hubby and I have already built a substantial Super (by the way by investing our SMSF by ourselves - no one else helped) so I just thought since we have few years to go we should concentrate on that....
I wonder if there are any investors that would do that if they have a big SMSF. I think most would be in stocks though......

267 tenant years.

Great poll.

Yes there is a big difference between being a landlord and a property manager; however there is also substantial overlap between the two skillsets.

I have also managed over 1,000 tenancies, and in that process have learned many tips, tools and techniques that have assisted my own landlord experience (and of course benefitted my property management clients).

Burbs

Back