Landlord Insurance in QLD

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether landlord insurance distinguishes between private rental agreements that are not submitted through the RTA (QLD)? ie If I take in tenants under a private arrangment with them and not formalised through the standard forms/bonds that are sent in to the RTA does that affect the type of landlord insurance?
Thx,
John B

Hi bradje,

I am just going through Landlord Insurance at the moment (for properties in Caboolture). The policy docs say under the general conditions that the property must be managed by a real estate agent or on site manager.

It also states that for the cover to be provided, it needs to have proof that a residential lease agreement is current and in place between the landlord and the tenant, and that the agreement must fall within the guidelines of the Act.

Depending on the claim of the insurance, the property manager must also provide copies of property inspection reports, tenants rental history, etc to back up a claim.

So I guess for my policy, it would not be valid if I had a private agreement with a tenant.

Cheers,:)

Thx mate.
I guess I am looking at a different scenario, as the property will not be managed by an agent, but privately.
Cheers,
John Bradshaw

Back