Landlord Insurance

Generally speaking have people here found Landlord Insurance to be of benefit to them, or are they there to rip you off like all other insurance firms??

Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi,
I've found it to be a fairly moderately priced form of risk protection, but I've never made a claim (which is the ultimate test of what it will do for you).

Gail

Reply: 2

I've had to make two claims on landlords insurance (for two different properties and reasons) and all I can say is - for not much over $200 a year, I've had it repaid in advance YEARS in advance with the claim payments I received.
The thing to remember is that you don't usually get paid out your claim until the circumstances are completed, so you may still need to cover a mortgage payment or two or three until the claim is settled.
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 2.1

Similarly I recently made a claim on
Landlord's insurance when tenant ran
taking dishwasher and dryer with him. LI
paid 10 weeks back rent, all damaged
contents and stolen contents. I think the
total claim was about $2,000. Premium is
about $290 p.a. But yes, getting it was
v-e-r-y s-l-o-w and I had to cover
mortgage payments and replace items
myself initially so I could rent it out quickly.
However, I don't think you should be
without it.

Donna L

Reply: 2.1.1

Felicity and Donna,

What insurance companies are you with? I have CGU insurance but have never had a claim so I have no point of reference as to their service (or lack of).

Owen

"Gambling promises the poor what property performs for the rich – something for nothing"

Reply: 2.1.1.1

I took my policies through my property managers, but the actual insurance companies are CGU and QBE. I've claimed once on each, not a lot of difference from that perspective.
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

On this thread.

Does anyone out there have RACQ 'landlords insurance'.?? I'm now a bit dubious to the extent of their cover. They don't really have a set product for this.

I am currently using RACQ for both PPOR and IP and I'm now getting a brochure sent out to me from CGU to compare cover.

Thanks
--
Aaron Dwyer
Freestyler Novice
~ To know and not to do, is really not to know at all.

Reply: 3

Andrew,

I've always had it but I've never had to claim(yet!).

Do I sleep better knowing I have it though......YES!

Sleeping well is important to me......

:)

Back