Landlord Insurance

Just a quick question regarding landlord insurance. We are sorting it for our IP (yes I know I should have it and my wife was right and thats why im sorting it so she gets off my back AND its worth having :D) and just wondering who others are insured with in NSW and any idea on costs. I just got an online quote from ING and it was a little more than I had thought it would be so Im just going to compare prices and features tomorrow before I deside who to go with. The replacement build of the home cost is $150k and $20k for contents (this is the prices I gave when obtaining the qoute) insured for loss of rent etc etc, quote was for $760 with a $100 excess. I was thinking I was looking at the $350 mark but maybe im wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Jayro

Hi
We're insured through Australian Unity (IMB) and through St George Underwriting (this one was a recommendation from an insurance broker), and both are in the $650-$700 range which includes tenant damage, loss of rent etc etc. So I guess ING's quote is not that far off the mark, but then we might be paying too much! Maybe others on this forum have some better deals...

I'm insured through NRMA - just over $400 ($300 excess) after multiple-policy discount and no-claim bonus. This covers building insurance for $200k, rent default, vandalism or malicious damage, legal fees after rent default, $10m public liabilty, etc. I shopped around but they were far cheaper than others.

Thanks for the replies. Yeh Shayla Iv also found NRMA the best after some other quotes as well now. If nothing better comes along I will go with them tomorrow.

Thanks again
Jayro

Back