Landscape Design/ers

Hi all,

Mrs Aimy and our two boys (7 & 12 yrs) and I are moving into one of our IPs in April this year and converting our PPOR into an IP.

I need some help with where I go for landscape design.

Just some background....The photo is of the backyard from the rear deck of a standard double storey 20 yr old project home. The block is over 800 sq. m - so we have a lot of land to play with. Block ends at the tree line at the rear.

We want to put in a pool and at the rear of the block a cabana/games room with a shower & toilet facilities. I planned to put the leftover soil from digging the pool onto the block between the pool and the cabana, and then planting palms etc to block a bit of the view of the pool from the cabana (which I may use as an office in a few years time). I guess we could really do with one of those backyard blitz makeover things - but I doubt we fall into the battler category that needs one done for free :)

Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks.

Aimjoy

Attachments

• BackYard.jpg
    BackYard.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 109
Does the block run North South? What sort of pool are you considering?

Where are your utlities? Water, power, sewerage

My very first thought is not to be too hasty fencing off the trees at the back, and maybe incorporating that into the cabana somehow.

You will need an 'easement' line (somewhere where all your utilities can track back to your house.

In a big open yard like yours I suspect shade will be important, where are you?

Does the block run North South?
Yes North - South (south is the house end of the block)

What sort of pool are you considering?
Land falls into a 1 in 100 year flood level as it is 150 meters from the lake edge......so considering an above ground or an above ground in the ground or a fibreglass in the ground. We envisage living there for 14 or 15 years until the 2 remaining boys leave home and then pulling the pool out (or down) and turning it back into an IP.

Where are your utlities? Water, power, sewerage
Sewer is at the back of the block already. Sewer line from the house runs down the LHS of the block as you are looking at the pic. Power is on RHS and water all sides.

My very first thought is not to be too hasty fencing off the trees at the back, and maybe incorporating that into the cabana somehow.
Unfortunately trees are in the council reserve just off my block boundary.

You will need an 'easement' line (somewhere where all your utilities can track back to your house.
Yep, figured I'd go down RHS and stay away from existing sewer line connections on LHS.

In a big open yard like yours I suspect shade will be important, where are you?
Yep - we need to plant shade after all is done. On NSW Central Coast :)

Aimy

Aimjoy,

I am in sydney and have used first nature landscaping. Pretty sure they do central coast too. We put a small cabana down the back similar to what you are talking about, and also a water feature. Turned out great. They do everything from the concept to the construction. check out www.firstnature.com.au

Back