Late rent. Ph switched off.. Notice sent

We can go into my istuiation and options etc, I'd love to discuss it seriously, but I think that'sa whole other topic than this thread

Agreed - you've chosen your type of wagon and you're sitting there waiting.

The lame donkey you had it hitched up to, decided to abandon you half way round the first lap. Now is the time to simply clean up the previous donkey's mess and stand there waiting for another lame donkey to come along, hitch your wagon to that and start rolling around the track again. :)

right, broken furniture dumped at the tip along with the broken washing machine of mine I had been meaning to get rid of.

Guess I'll ring Salvo's or whomevver tomorow and meet them there - then whatever they dont tak, chuck that in the bin or hire another ute & take that to the tip again. Hopefully they take most of the furniture, it's not in too bad shape just old and non matching

Last edited:
Dazz - Lesson learned? Always question advice from DOCEP :).

Jaycee - Pleased to hear that you now know what is going on! Good luck finding your new tenants !!

Over 2 months with no rent now i see.
Ouch!!

Naah, about 5 weeks owing.... landlord's insurance will hopefully take csare of most of it... well... let's see

I'm trying to lodge the bond form with the magistrate's court at the moment, e-lodging via their website seemed to go nowhere, now on hold on the phone.......

Edit - Bond Claim sent to magistrate's court. Booked Salvo's for Monday, hopefully whatever they can't take I can arrange to dump... Meeting applicatn at 5 pm today to inspect..copies of application to rent already at the premises....

Now need to talke to landlord insurance.. well after lunch anyway...

Last edited:
3 applicants were supposed to turn 2 did. The one from yesterday who was going to turn up with his wife didn't. Nor did I get an application from the first people I showed yesterday (not yet anyway).

Out of today's two, one couple thought the yard was too small for their staffie - I agree, so they weren't interested.

The other lady ws keen as punch, single mum, 2 kids, just moved form Qld where she was saving some money by living wiht mum & dad and now staying at a relative's place.

Sigh.

Hang in there, at risk of sounding like a cliche PM it is better to have the property vacant for a little longer to find a good tenant than just to put someone totally unsuitable in there to lease it quickly. I don't know what the rental market is doing where you are but just recently I have noticed a HUGE influx of bad applications on properties that I manage. Still finding a few gems here and there but they are far outweighed by the applications with really bad histories!

Yesterday:

Took the stuff the salo's didn't want (most of it, and putting into the ute I could see why).

Replaced the missing lightglobes with new ones.

Today:
Handed the keys to the new tenants.

$10 more per week.

Eviction Notice was for vacant possession on 8th July.
New lease started 12th July

A grandmother who is guardian for 2 school aged kids from a seeming good background from what I could gather from the daughters & son in law that came with them.

Hopefully this is done & dusted.

Now to meet the other tenants that are leaving in a couple of days... I probably should have already started advertising that too I know....

TO LET: 2 Bed T/house. Quiet complex. Reverse Cycle Aircon. Secuirty Gate. Close to freeway / transport - convenient location. $325 / week

Hooray! I am really happy to hear you've found yourself a new tenant and at an extra $10 per week :).

Hopefully your other property will lease quickly, a lot easier with tenants leaving using the correct procedure!!

Hooray! I am really happy to hear you've found yourself a new tenant and at an extra $10 per week :).

Hopefully your other property will lease quickly, a lot easier with tenants leaving using the correct procedure!!

Insurance claim posted today. Hopefully that's it for the Balga property for a while now.

Nboiww, why hasn;t anyone rung me since Sunmday abouthe Osb PArk property ?

And why didn't 1 person show up to view the property out of the 7 or so who rang and said they would ?

Hopefully the 1 person who rnag to view tomorrow will show up....

I have had many more cases with people calling to book appointments to view properties and not showing lately. Take their number and give them a call earlier in the day to confirm the viewing prior to going to confirm numbers attending. Anyone who then confirms and doesn't show? Put them on the list (we all have one).

What are you using to advertise? How are you priced? exposure or price are likely your two big issues with people contacting you about the property :).

Jaycee,

Good to see everything sorted out for you after your drama.

Just wondering why you didn't try to sell some of the items left behind or was it just broken rubbish?

How do you have time to manage 2 rental properties and work a 9-5 job? I am of course only assuming you work a 9-5 job. My boss would of been giving me a hard time the amount of time you were on the phone to DOCEP and the other utility companies.

Cheers
Michael

Jaycee,

Good to see everything sorted out for you after your drama.

Just wondering why you didn't try to sell some of the items left behind or was it just broken rubbish?

How do you have time to manage 2 rental properties and work a 9-5 job? I am of course only assuming you work a 9-5 job. My boss would of been giving me a hard time the amount of time you were on the phone to DOCEP and the other utility companies.

Cheers
Michael

Hi mate,

It's 3 properties LOL

A bit of time lately, but generally very quiet and can do it outside of office hours mostly.

Also took a day off as rec leave to manage it.

Hi mate,

It's 3 properties LOL

A bit of time lately, but generally very quiet and can do it outside of office hours mostly.

Also took a day off as rec leave to manage it.

You get leave? Why don't I get "leave"?? And what the heck's "rec leave"??? Is that leave that doesn't count because you're recreating???? :confused:

How is the hunt for a new tenant going Jaycee? I hope you find someone great quickly!!!!

Have you considered finding a local agent who will do a 'letting only' arrangement with you? Will save you taking your annual leave to lease out a property, make someone else do the time consuming stuff!!! :)

How is the hunt for a new tenant going Jaycee? I hope you find someone great quickly!!!!

Have you considered finding a local agent who will do a 'letting only' arrangement with you? Will save you taking your annual leave to lease out a property, make someone else do the time consuming stuff!!! :)

EBM insurance rock !

"Thank you for your email. I will forward the claim onto accounts to raise payment. As per your discussion with -------, if you do happen to come across any additional tenant information, it would be much appreciated."

(the 2nd part relates to the fact ath I lost the tenant's original application form - OOPS !!!!!)

Received a cheque for the bond last night too from the Dept of Consumer & Employee Protection

Hey Jaycee,

Im glad to hear that EBM "rock".
I've always held a secret fear that if everything went pear shape with a tenant and they trashed the joint the insurers would find a loophole to get out through..
I self manage also and definately not happy to hear your issues but pleased that at least Plan B "insurance" has come through for you.

Hey Jaycee,

Im glad to hear that EBM "rock".
I've always held a secret fear that if everything went pear shape with a tenant and they trashed the joint the insurers would find a loophole to get out through..
I self manage also and definately not happy to hear your issues but pleased that at least Plan B "insurance" has come through for you.

Our insurance specifically states if a tenant causes any damage on purpose, we are not covered...so everything would always be an accident.

Back